Receiver Active Question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wstuck

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I would like to setup a safety relay for main power that is based on the receiver being actually linked with the transmitter. I am not looking for the normal failsafe. I would like the relay to be on any time the receiver is active and linked and off when the receiver is active but not linked. I can make half the functionality work with the basic failsafe in the sense that I can failsafe to turn the relay off when no signal or link is available. The issue is that when the receiver is linked again with a signal the relay will still turn on or off based on the PWM high or low. That means I can turn the relay off by changing the input value. What I really want is for the relay to be on with any valid signal high or low and off only when no valid signal is available do to loss of power, signal strength, out of range.
Any suggestions or ideas would be great.
Thanks for your help.

I would like to setup a safety relay for main power that is based on the receiver being actually linked with the transmitter. I am not looking for the normal failsafe. I would like the relay to be on any time the receiver is active and linked and off when the receiver is active but not linked. I can make half the functionality work with the basic failsafe in the sense that I can failsafe to turn the relay off when no signal or link is available. The issue is that when the receiver is linked again with a signal the relay will still turn on or off based on the PWM high or low. That means I can turn the relay off by changing the input value. What I really want is for the relay to be on with any valid signal high or low and off only when no valid signal is available do to loss of power, signal strength, out of range.
Any suggestions or ideas would be great.
Thanks for your help.
I'm a little puzzled at what you are trying to accomplish or achieve exactly with the relay that a failsafe doesn't already address. If I understood that then perhaps I could formulate a good response.

I'm a little puzzled at what you are trying to accomplish or achieve exactly with the relay that a failsafe doesn't already address. If I understood that then perhaps I could formulate a good response.
The failsafe is for the condition of the throttle and brake and that is all fine and works very well. The issue is that this is use on a larger vehicle and I would like to also cut all power to the drive motors anytime the receiver and transmitter are not linked or have an active connection. So basically an on off relay based on the active signal connection and not the actual value. If the receiver is active with any valid signal the relay will be energized. When the receiver is not active or has no link or value signal the relay is dedicated.

The normal failsafe does not really accomplish that functionality.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or feedback.