RCT Member Location Map!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know most of the active folks on the group are fairly new, so it has to feel a little strange seeing the same things over and over, just with different faces.

Last edited:
I'd say myself, @robmob and @HPIguy all started to fizzle out around the same time several years ago. I was so committed to rc's back then, had so many and would spend well over a grand in some cases closer to two on just one comp rig. My wallet hasn't missed it but I did have a little itch recently and thats why I picked up a scx24. I think all 3 of us just stayed around here because its like our online home haha, either that or because @WoodiE never booted us.
My zip code is 83324 if you wanna add me go ahead.
I was at that point 6 years or so ago. Would bash every weekend the first year or so (20 years ago), even in winter... with nitro. Then after 5 or 6 years, it kind of waned and I only went out a handful of times. Then I started again for a couple years, then waned again. Getting into electric got me going again in December of 2016 and I haven't backed off much since. I went from having 11 or 12 nitro to having 2 nitro and 8 or 9 electric. lol! Going with electric just made it easier to run in places without having kids show up or people getting annoyed at the old guy playing with "toys" in the park. With nitro, I swear, kids would find me from miles away.

Then I found a public grass bmx track a couple years ago on google maps, met 3 or 4 good guys to bash with there and it's become an every weekend thing again from Spring to Winter.

I know must of the active folks on the group are fairly new, so it has to feel a little strange seeing the same things over and over, just with different faces.
I know if it wasn't for these forums I probably wouldn't be nearly as active in the hobby as I am now.

Close. I am actually, south of there, just south of the golf course. I pick up 20-30 golf balls off my lawn every month. And one broke my windshield last year. I am tempted to do a few hundred doughnuts with my rc monster truck on the 'greens' some night as a sign of appreciation.
Oh, so that's a golf course! About 1 ball per day max huh...well, make the best of it, sell them on Ebay! You might be able to bring in, I dunno, $10+ per month, just from those pesky golfers! After all, think about it, they're literally just whacking free money onto your front step with gold clubs! 🤣🤣

Donuuuuuuts! 🍩🍩🤣🤣 Let'r rip, make sure to bring a buddy with you, so both of you can do some drag races on the "greens"! The golfers will love it, as you'll be creating channels for their golf balls to roll in, right into the hole!
The center of the country doesn't have the internet yet. 🤣
That's no good...I thought the east cost was supposed to be the most "developed", and the center the second?
Thats where I need to be! 😊🤔
Lol YES! That's where I need to be for my work...no distractions! Wait, no, since like 85% of my work is online, I won't be able to do any work! I guess I have to choose...no work, no distractions, or work, with distractions, you know which one I'll choose!

The center of the country doesn't have the internet yet. 🤣
I've lived in the center of the country, from Iowa to Texas, and, while they have internet, towards the north they are too busy chasing cows and keeping kids out of the fields, and the further south you go, its too hot most of the year to want to be outside. I have personally seen 114 degrees F on a thermometer in the shade outside Dallas, TX. Noone wants to be outside when its that hot, and, in the north the temp fluctuates depending on the season, to the point where it is either too hot, or too cold to be outside too much.

Thats where I need to be! 😊🤔
Thats what i thought, until i actually lived in a few places in the center of the country. I actually flipped a coin when i lived in Montana, because i couldnt decide to go back to southern California, or back to N.Y. I just know Montana, Wyoming, and Kansas, really sucked, and i was only in those states about a month or so each. I was in Iowa and Nebraska almost 3 years, and i couldnt wait to leave.

Bashing over here on the Jersey shore....
Bricktown New Jersey...👍👍
I know mine is in profile

I would take your golfball collection, and build a VERY high powered RC golf ball cannon, mounted on a 2-axis turret with an FPV cam sighted in on the cannon's range. Then, on nice warm sunny days, I would sit on the porch with some goggles and a Tx, and I would return fire.
Make sure it has a throttle dual rate so you don't kill any golfers! 🤣🤣☠️☠️

Bombs, er, golf balls, away!
I appreciate the tag, but I haven't touched an RC in years now. After over 20 years in the hobby, I kind of just burnt out and lost interest.
Oh, boo hoo! 😔😔 Maybe after a break you'll be able to re-gain that spark? Perhaps all you need is some relaxed RC fun, like crawling, to spark that interest (like spark plugs, but not the Nitro part!)

Would you still like to participate though? Even if you don't RC, I'll still stick ya on the map!
I've lived in the center of the country, from Iowa to Texas, and, while they have internet, towards the north they are too busy chasing cows and keeping kids out of the fields, and the further south you go, its too hot most of the year to want to be outside. I have personally seen 114 degrees F on a thermometer in the shade outside Dallas, TX. Noone wants to be outside when its that hot, and, in the north the temp fluctuates depending on the season, to the point where it is either too hot, or too cold to be outside too much.

Thats what i thought, until i actually lived in a few places in the center of the country. I actually flipped a coin when i lived in Montana, because i couldnt decide to go back to southern California, or back to N.Y. I just know Montana, Wyoming, and Kansas, really sucked, and i was only in those states about a month or so each. I was in Iowa and Nebraska almost 3 years, and i couldnt wait to leave.
Cow chasing is tiring stuff ya know (ok, actually I don't know!)! 🐄🐮
In Washington it stays cool pretty much all year, sure, it rains more than California, but it's not very bad, and keeps the dust down too. 114F is no joke...when it gets to 93F here (it hit than this summer for a day or two) I just want to not live...
What about me - I think mine is in my profile also, if not Tulsa, OK it is.
yeppers - it's right there.
Oh, I have you in New York RN, should I move you?
Chet Attleboro MA
Thanks Chet! Welcome to RCT!
Bashing over here on the Jersey shore....
Bricktown New Jersey...👍👍
I know mine is in profile
Stoner's back! Check the map!
Hi there :D
Add me @https://goo.gl/maps/V5sQ5P1r2rbz9YoU7
Greetings from Wolow, mates :thumbs-up:
Greeting JPG! Greetings from Washington!
Kevin, Kearney NE
Welcome Kevin! You're our second Kevin now, after @WickedFog!

Last edited:
Wicked frog is a smart dude!

39503. Gulfport/Biloxi area of MS.

I can dig it, my hobbies tend to change about every 10 years or so.
10 YEARS!! Man, you dedicated. Mine run in about 10-week cycles, but then I will be right back at it. I just have too many hobbies to run 10-years.

Back