RCT Member Location Map!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie B, Orlando, Florida

Clearwater, Florida.
Shove the pin in the westernmost bit of Tampa Bay

27.937490644913403, -82.72431181367712
Thanks! Is your first name Alan?

Very specific location...your house, or a local bashing spot?

I pinned the spot, with your first name as Alan. I can always change it if needed. Tried my best to get that spot, I may be IRL a mile or two off.
Charlie B, Orlando, Florida
Thanks Charlie! Check the map now, sorry if I dropped a huge blue pin on your house! 🤣🤣

Last edited:
Need to get more people on this. It's pretty cool.
@johnnydmd @Xraycer @STONER RC @Kimmie28 @Chubaka @olds97_lss

Sorry if I added people already here, but don't think I did 😉

Tag a friend 😁
I agree, but I'm a little biased! This is definitely one of my better ideas!
The last 3 people you tagged already joined, and John (@johnnydmd) just joined! Yeah, everybody, pull in other members too! An easy way to check if someone is already on the map is go to the map (https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1mL8ywHnLqzLdKie4j6paDYy7cyf45nbb&ll=-0.03244952261459133,0&z=2), and see if their username is on there!

As I think @pug said, we should get this thread stickied/pinned! I don't have the guts to just ask one of the admins upfront though! 🤣🤣
John in Frederick, Maryland
Thanks John! Map has been updated!

I agree, but I'm a little biased! This is definitely one of my better ideas!
The last 3 people you tagged already joined, and John (@johnnydmd) just joined! Yeah, everybody, pull in other members too! An easy way to check if someone is already on the map is go to the map (https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1mL8ywHnLqzLdKie4j6paDYy7cyf45nbb&ll=-0.03244952261459133,0&z=2), and see if their username is on there!

As I think @pug said, we should get this thread stickied/pinned! I don't have the guts to just ask one of the admins upfront though! 🤣🤣

Thanks John! Map has been updated!
Could add the link to your signature, then it's everywhere! lol! At least in the mean time.

Thanks! Is your first name Alan?

Very specific location...your house, or a local bashing spot?

I pinned the spot, with your first name as Alan. I can always change it if needed. Tried my best to get that spot, I may be IRL a mile or two off.

Close. I am actually, south of there, just south of the golf course. I pick up 20-30 golf balls off my lawn every month. And one broke my windshield last year. I am tempted to do a few hundred doughnuts with my rc monster truck on the 'greens' some night as a sign of appreciation.

Close. I am actually, south of there, just south of the golf course. I pick up 20-30 golf balls off my lawn every month. And one broke my windshield last year. I am tempted to do a few hundred doughnuts with my rc monster truck on the 'greens' some night as a sign of appreciation.
I would take your golfball collection, and build a VERY high powered RC golf ball cannon, mounted on a 2-axis turret with an FPV cam sighted in on the cannon's range. Then, on nice warm sunny days, I would sit on the porch with some goggles and a Tx, and I would return fire.

I appreciate the tag, but I haven't touched an RC in years now. After over 20 years in the hobby, I kind of just burnt out and lost interest.

That's because you don't have a spectacularly awesome SCX24! 🤣 C'mon you know you want to.

That's because you don't have a spectacularly awesome SCX24! 🤣 C'mon you know you want to.
Nah, there are times I miss it, but I have multiple other hobbies and limited hobby time in addition to just losing interest. I still have a bunch of rigs I need to sell off at some point. Kept them just to make sure it wasn't temporary.

Nah, there are times I miss it, but I have multiple other hobbies and limited hobby time in addition to just losing interest. I still have a bunch of rigs I need to sell off at some point. Kept them just to make sure it wasn't temporary.

I can dig it, my hobbies tend to change about every 10 years or so.

I'd say myself, @robmob and @HPIguy all started to fizzle out around the same time several years ago. I was so committed to rc's back then, had so many and would spend well over a grand in some cases closer to two on just one comp rig. My wallet hasn't missed it but I did have a little itch recently and thats why I picked up a scx24. I think all 3 of us just stayed around here because its like our online home haha, either that or because @WoodiE never booted us.
My zip code is 83324 if you wanna add me go ahead.

Back