RcHolics - a place to share your addiction

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so went a did a thing or two or..... So decided to go ahead and use some of my vacation payout to fund my addiction. Typhon will for sure be a 100+ speed rig let's just say...
New Delta plastics Maserati MC 12 Corsa GT body
Spaz stix gold to red color changing and candy orange paint for the Maserati
New CNHL racing series 5200 mAh 90c 6s pack
And a MMX8S Castle ESC ???

Here's what's came so far...
IMG_20210202_214429803.jpg
IMG_20210202_213856662.jpg

IMG_20210202_214330331.jpg

My collection
Traxxas slash 2wd castle sidewinder 4 and 5700 kv motor rpm a arms proline front body mounts pink Traxxas wheelie bar
Ecx torment 2wd mostly stock with rpm a arms and aarma 12 turn brushed motor
Traxxas trx-4 defender all stock with cheap Amazon super swampers
Axial smt10 with gool rc brushless
Axial sm10 with Traxxas vxl brushless
2 tamiya grasshoppers
Tamiya hornet
Tamiya clodbuster black edition with hobbywing quick run dual esc and aarma 12 turn brushed motors
Tamiya txt-1 all aluminum and brushless
Traxxas rustler first edition
Tyco colorado lol
Cheap Chinese little truck?
Tamiya bullhead
I think that's it lol

So here I am again. I need help as the addiction is becoming overwhelming. Since Black Friday I have bought to Arrma Kraton 6s EXB rollers (for parts), 3 new esc's including a Castle MMX8S and two Hobbywing Max 6's, 4 sets of onroad tires, 2 sets of offroad tires, two new Tp motors, two new bodies, built a Vendetta from parts, a Redcat Thunderdrift, a Tamiya F350 high-lift and today I picked up a Losi LMT roller. I had to stop myself from buying a Limiltless roller too as the sale was just pulling me in deeper. For reference, this is my work area. I even installed curtains to section it off from the view of my family. Somebody please help me!
Screenshot_20220417-130029_Gallery.jpg

Nice setup!

Our collection (in various stages of building or modding)
  • WLToys 12428B
  • Feiyue FY03
  • 1/14 forklift
  • RC excavator
  • RC dump truck
  • RC front end loader
  • 2 WPL C24M's
  • 2 WPL C16's
  • WPL B16
  • Tamiya TT02 Mustang GT4
  • Tamiya TT02 NSX
  • Kyosho Nitro Mad Crusher
  • Kyosho Tutbo Scorpion
  • Kyosho Beetle
  • Kyosho Javelin
  • Kyosho Ultima
  • Arrma Kraton V3 6S BLX
  • Arrma Granite V3 3S BLX
  • RC10 B4
  • Associated DR10
  • Traxxas Slash No Prep
  • X-Maxx
  • Axial SCX24 Deadbolt
  • Axial SCX24 C10
  • Axial SCX24 comp crawler
  • FMS FCX24 Smasher
  • Axial Ryft
  • 3 Emax Tiny Hawk drones
  • 6" custom built FPV race drone
  • HG P407 (Bruiser clone)
So 34 total. Sure I am forgetting a couple. One of these days I will get a group photo.

Last edited:
Nice setup!

• WLToys 12428B
  • Feiyue FY03
  • 1/14 forklift
  • RC excavator
  • RC dump truck
  • RC front end loader
  • 2 WPL C24M's
  • 2 WPL C16's
  • WPL B16
  • Tamiya TT02 NSX
  • Kyosho Tutbo Scorpion
  • Kyosho Ultima
  • Arrma Kraton V3 6S BLX
  • RC10 B4
  • Associated DR10
  • Traxxas Slash No Prep
  • X-Maxx
  • Axial SCX24 Deadbolt
  • Axial SCX24 C10
  • Axial Ryft
  • HG P407 (Bruiser clone
So 31 total. Sure I sm forgetting a couple. One of these days I will get a group photo.
That is one heck of a list. The cars/trucks that I already had prior to Black Friday include a built Kraton EXB, a Granite 3s converted to 6s, a Typhon 3s converted to 6s, a Typhon 6s stretched that is a morph of about four other rigs, and a Redcat Everest 10. I now realize why I have to work 6 days a week.🤦🏻‍♂️

Sold off almost everything late last year and re-invented the hobby for myself.

Presently active electrics are:
Two (2) Associated MT10
Two (2) Traxxas 2WD Rustlers

Inactive and stored in the attic are:
Three (3) roller chassis RC electric dragsters

That is one heck of a list. The cars/trucks that I already had prior to Black Friday include a built Kraton EXB, a Granite 3s converted to 6s, a Typhon 3s converted to 6s, a Typhon 6s stretched that is a morph of about four other rigs, and a Redcat Everest 10. I now realize why I have to work 6 days a week.🤦🏻‍♂️
Yeah, I don't get rid of anything. Most of those just sit and collect dust. When my son gets old enough to have a LiPo at home, he can start taking some of them home. But I am just afraid his mom will sell them 🤨

Nice setup!

• WLToys 12428B
  • Feiyue FY03
  • 1/14 forklift
  • RC excavator
  • RC dump truck
  • RC front end loader
  • 2 WPL C24M's
  • 2 WPL C16's
  • WPL B16
  • Tamiya TT02 NSX
  • Kyosho Tutbo Scorpion
  • Kyosho Ultima
  • Arrma Kraton V3 6S BLX
  • RC10 B4
  • Associated DR10
  • Traxxas Slash No Prep
  • X-Maxx
  • Axial SCX24 Deadbolt
  • Axial SCX24 C10
  • Axial Ryft
  • HG P407 (Bruiser clone)
So 31 total. Sure I sm forgetting a couple. One of these days I will get a group photo.
What forklift do you have? I'm looking for one. I can't afford the Rc4wd at the moment. ☹

I never saw the nitro mad crusher. I kinda like it.

What forklift do you have? I'm looking for one. I can't afford the Rc4wd at the moment. ☹

I never saw the nitro mad crusher. I kinda like it.
To be honest, I don't remember what brand it is. It was only $70. It is toy grade, but actually does pretty good. It doesn't have tilt though. I bought it planning to convert the electronics in it, but I haven't even opened it up yet to see what that's going to take.

Drug addictions are definately cheaper but at least with RC, I have something to show for the money spent besides a bloody nose

Traxxas Xmax 8s w/max6 and 1100kv combo
Arrma Outcast EXB with Castle XLX2 combo
Traxxas Slash 4x4 with Castle MMP 2400 combo
Traxxas Stampede 4x4 and 6 years later, still rocking the factory VXL esc and motor (miracles do happen)
Traxxas Slash 2wd with a Novak Havoc Pro Sct combo for the Track
Losi XXX Sct with same Novak combo
Arrma Infraction V2 with handbrake, still on 6s ..... for now
Traxxas TRX4 K5 Blazer running a Hobbywing Axe crawler combo (excellent esc!!!!!)
Axial Capra with Castle copperhead combo (a POS compared to the Hobbywing Axe)
DJI Phantom pro to film all the cool bashing adventures
Eachine 250 racing drone
Kyosho 4x4 mini Z celica
WL toys K969 porche drift car
WL toys 284131 drift truck (looks like Ken Blocks Hoonitruck)
An old skateboard that I mounted a solid rear axle to and running the factory Traxxas Xmax 8s motor and speed control for, you know, giggles.

I wont dare post the $$ amount I've invested in fear the wife may stumble upon this post.

My addiction isn’t as bad as some of you guys, but I only got into the hobby this past December 2021. The kits in the pics are still new in box. Not shown in the pic and what I am currently working on is a g-speed lcg crawler and a Furitek Scythe Scx24.
CE205AA3-B1EE-4A33-B53A-F21071263C4B.jpeg

My addiction isn’t as bad as some of you guys, but I only got into the hobby this past December 2021. The kits in the pics are still new in box. Not shown in the pic and what I am currently working on is a g-speed lcg crawler and a Furitek Scythe Scx24.
View attachment 145641

Nice!

I’ve been in and out of this hobby since the early 80’s. Being older with less responsibilities that require large sums of money I’m in pretty heavy now. Pretty much sold all my non Arrma bashers so here’s what’s left...
Kraton 8s
Kraton 6s
Outcast 6s
Trugified Typhon 6s
CoRally/Arrma 1/10 mini 6s basher
Talion 6s
Mojave

I used to say rc crawlers are one of the top 5 the dumbest things on the planet...now I have:
LCG trx4 axle build
Trx4 sport
Trx6
Redcat gen8 axe
Redcat gen8
Rgt rockhammer turned into a LCG rig

For drones I just have the cheap ones of several sizes...and a few small helicopters.

I’ve been in and out of this hobby since the early 80’s. Being older with less responsibilities that require large sums of money I’m in pretty heavy now. Pretty much sold all my non Arrma bashers so here’s what’s left...
Kraton 8s
Kraton 6s
Outcast 6s
Trugified Typhon 6s
CoRally/Arrma 1/10 mini 6s basher
Talion 6s
Mojave

I used to say rc crawlers are one of the top 5 the dumbest things on the planet...now I have:
LCG trx4 axle build
Trx4 sport
Trx6
Redcat gen8 axe
Redcat gen8
Rgt rockhammer turned into a LCG rig

For drones I just have the cheap ones of several sizes...and a few small helicopters.
How do you like the Axe? I really wanted that when it came out, but was unemployed and had very low income at that time.

Last edited:
Back