rc turbochargers?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cainen172

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i know that they only work well on 4-strokes, but i was wondering if anyone knows where to buy an rc turbocharger (NOT A SUPERCHARGER :D). i looked around but i could only find superchargers. if i could get a small rc turbo, then that would help me out alot!!!! THANX!!!!!! :D

Because of the way the nitro 2-strokes work, any intake pressurization will not work.

as mentioned above,when it comes to 2 strokes forced induction is a waste of money and is a BAD idea

hear is a guess. a turbocharger will upset pressure balances. am i right?

"will not work"

i know that it wont work. i am working on a completely different rc project using a 4-stroke weedeater. i just want to know if i can get my hands on a rc turbocharger. THANX!!!!!!

i would loook around on ebay.... a tiny turbo shouldnt be too hard to find

Good luck. You'll have to find a way to increase the fuel flow. It's not gonna be easy considering the carb relies on vacuum to function properly, and you're going to put positive pressure in there.

You could probably buy a Ducati bike turbo kit off eBay and rig it up to whatever you need.

Any turbo that you find is going to be WAY to big for a tiny weed eater motor. The smallest turbo kit that I personally know of, is made for the Yamaha WR250X supermoto. That's roughly ten times the size of the average weed whacker engine.

4535Blower2.jpg

electric turbocharger. It's a pic I had in my files, but I can't see who made it.
I'm guessing the nipple is to add additional pressure to the tank.
Either that or it's for inflating the tires.

Thread is a bit old but in general application turbos and carburetors dont mox, more often than not the pressurized air ends up blowing gas back down the line instead of syphoning it out. Youd need a pressurized line, which a lot of nitro engines use, hooking the exhaust to the fuel tank, or youd have to mount the intake of the turbo after the carb, but that might lead to predetonation in the turbo

Back