RC Gearing

• Thread starter Roanoke RC group
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm running 21/64 gearing on my HSP/Redcat 1/10 MT and I was wondering how much it would help going down to a 20t

id start with 2 teeth under ur present gears ,,as in a 19t

temps let us know a little more
motor turns?
battery type?. 2cell or 4 or what?
tire size?
run times

id start with 2 teeth under ur present gears ,,as in a 19t

temps let us know a little more
motor turns?
battery type?. 2cell or 4 or what?
tire size?
run times

It's running a 3000kv brushless motor, the tire OD is 130mm, running on a 6000mah 2s and I usually run the pack till something breaks or the motor gets a bit too warm. The motor runs pretty hot within the first 30mins of run time in grass and bumpy terrain. It was good on 17t and I was just wondering how much I could bump it up to get a little more speed. I've got my eye on an 18t cause they don't make a 19t in my pitch

Help talion 6s Is this part suppose to be hard to remove

Attachments

• 15807609863657842573029270416696.jpg
    15807609863657842573029270416696.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 100
Kind of surprised it's running hot on 2S. Do you have a motor fan? How hot is "hot"? Got a temp gun? If it's under 160F, your fine anyway.

Help talion 6s Is this part suppose to be hard to remove
Arrma uses a lot of red loctite on everything. Heat it with a small torch at low flame for a minute or less, it will melt the loctite, then the screw should loosen and the cup will come off. Just make sure to use pliers as it will be hot.

Hit it with a torch. They really put loctite all over the thing. Mine on my outcast was stuck as well. I used one of those little butane torches until I could smell the loctite cooking, then I slid the cup off with a pair of pliars.

Question i had frontend crash the rear dogbone is short now is it possible that the part that is stuck may have got pushed in

Kind of surprised it's running hot on 2S. Do you have a motor fan? How hot is "hot"? Got a temp gun? If it's under 160F, your fine anyway
It doesn't have a fan, and I don't have a temp gun. It get's just under too hot to hold my hand on though, which is what most people say is too hot for the motor.

Okay, so the full setup is
3000kv motor
2s
21/64
130mm tires
6a 50c 2s
30mins running around sliding, jumping a bit, speed bursts. Or until the truck breaks or something falls off.

No the dogbone is short I'm thinking i jam that part to the rear gear box the front is good

Back