Rc cars wheels start moving when started

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since this the nitro forum, assume it is nitro. There are things you can check, idle speed to high, worn clutch springs, engine mounted incorrectly.

Could be idle set to high ? Could be Clutch shoe. Springs worn out . With out having it in front of me it’s hard to say I guess ur have to through a process of elimination

Make sure the carb is close to proper idle setting. Second make sure the clutch spring isn't broken.

At the point when I attempt to turn over the motor, the wheels likewise need to turn, which didn't use to occur. This has occurred since I took the motor off the vehicle and remounted it, anyway it was turned out great, however, now isn't! visit JDM Sport Classics for more information.
Am I directly in assumming this is to do with the motor moving excessively far towards the gearbox, and I hadn't fixed them enough?
Does anybody have any tips on the best way to mount the motor, the most adequately, in light of the fact that I discover it truly difficult to get the correct position and furthermore fix the screws, without it moving?
I'm still new to this RC dashing thus far have not had a lot of luck!

If the wheels spin when you try and start then the clutch spring broke.

At the point when I attempt to turn over the motor, the wheels likewise need to turn, which didn't use to occur. This has occurred since I took the motor off the vehicle and remounted it, anyway it was turned out great, however, now isn't! visit JDM Sport Classics for more information.
Am I directly in assumming this is to do with the motor moving excessively far towards the gearbox, and I hadn't fixed them enough?
Does anybody have any tips on the best way to mount the motor, the most adequately, in light of the fact that I discover it truly difficult to get the correct position and furthermore fix the screws, without it moving?
I'm still new to this RC dashing thus far have not had a lot of luck!
If the clutch springs are good like other was saying. If the engine is not mounted properly or square. The way I usually check is don't tighten all the screws between the mount and the chassis plate first. Use thread lock on all the screws, including the engine mount screws. Then try to roll the chassis and see if the clutch bell move smoothly and adjust accordingly. Tight all screws in a cross fashion a bit at a time and roll the chassis back and forth to make sure it roll smoothly, again tighten the screws a bit more and repeat.

if the wheels are trying to spin over when pull starting, that is usually a sign of failed clutch shoes, spring, or seized bearings, or your clutchbell (CB) screw in the end of the crankshaft is too tight and pinching things. to confirm this, remove the engine and spin the clutchbell, does it spin freely? (if so you have some binding issues most likely) if no remove the screw out the end of the crankshaft that holds the CB on, try spinning again, does it spin freely now? (if so its a shimming problem most likely) if no, remove the clutchbell and inspect the clutch shoes and springs, anything sticking out or hanging loose.
post pics or videos if you have questions.