Rc car controlling videogame controller

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bishop27

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m new to all things electronic, robotic, rc and the like so this question might be silly to everyone except me, but I still have a project in mind.

So anyways I find stupid ways to play videogames and my idea was to take the reciever from an rc car, wire that to the buttons on a videogame controller and use the rc controller to play the game, and as an added bonus if the wiring could stay connected to car so it still spins and turns. Is this correct or am I thinking wrong?

You might be able to, but you may have to change a lot of stuff inside and do a lot of programming for it to work. It's just easier to use a regular RC radio. You can also try using plane-style controllers on cars if that's the type of controller you are looking for.

bishop they have units to use a rc radio thru computer in a game. Arduino make a chip to add rx 3 wire plugs. as for your idea . tooooo much work...

bishop they have units to use a rc radio thru computer in a game. Arduino make a chip to add rx 3 wire plugs. as for your idea . tooooo much work...
but... it would work?

Hey guys I’m new to all things electronic, robotic, rc and the like so this question might be silly to everyone except me, but I still have a project in mind.

So anyways I find stupid ways to play videogames and my idea was to take the reciever from an rc car, wire that to the buttons on a videogame controller and use the rc controller to play the game, and as an added bonus if the wiring could stay connected to car so it still spins and turns. Is this correct or am I thinking wrong?
Sounds like fun ! Do some WEB SURFING and you will find people who use RC Receivers and AUDRINO MICRO CONTROLLERS to do this kind of stuff https://www.arduino.cc/education/diy-game-controllers .

Back