Rc 3 channel plane control

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nsanti

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi, I’m just starting to get into rc planes. I have only flown differential thrust 2 channel planes. I would like to know when you use elevator on 3 channel planes. I have heard that only throttle is used for climbing, so when do you use elevators, for quick up and down movements?

I use my elevator all the time and yes you get steep movements. Rarely do I use the rudder, I prefer using ailerons for my turns.
I am just a beginner rc pilot but I'm gaining experience. Honestly I love my RC cars more...

I use my elevator all the time and yes you get steep movements. Rarely do I use the rudder, I prefer using ailerons for my turns.
I am just a beginner rc pilot but I'm gaining experience. Honestly I love my RC cars more...
Ok thanks so much. Throttle for fine movement, elevator for steep movement.

The elevator will definitely keep you from a nose dive on take off...

The elevator will definitely keep you from a nose dive on take off...
Ok, good to know. My grandfather has a few 3 channel planes that he wants us to fly, so I’m trying to learn as much as I can before we go. I can fly the 2 channel one pretty good, so I’m hoping a 3 channel won’t be too difficult. One of his planes has SAFE technology which I’m hoping will be pretty easy to fly.

Ok, good to know. My grandfather has a few 3 channel planes that he wants us to fly, so I’m trying to learn as much as I can before we go. I can fly the 2 channel one pretty good, so I’m hoping a 3 channel won’t be too difficult. One of his planes has SAFE technology which I’m hoping will be pretty easy to fly.

Usually a 3 channel means an extra channel for throttle control ,therefore ,there is a carb on the engine that has to be controlled
through the 3 rd channel!

2 channel planes are usually fixed rev engines with out a carb much like a Cox engine that is revved up by a needle leaning
the fuel flow!

3 channel you want full throttle for ground run & climb out ,after you get the plane up an in level flight ,you dont need too much
throttle ,it can also need more throttle depending on what the plane needs if it is losing altitude ,then you may need to apply
more throttle ,or even if you want to fly faster you would apply more throttle!...:cool:

Usually a 3 channel means an extra channel for throttle control ,therefore ,there is a carb on the engine that has to be controlled
through the 3 rd channel!

2 channel planes are usually fixed rev engines with out a carb much like a Cox engine that is revved up by a needle leaning
the fuel flow!

3 channel you want full throttle for ground run & climb out ,after you get the plane up an in level flight ,you dont need too much
throttle ,it can also need more throttle depending on what the plane needs if it is losing altitude ,then you may need to apply
more throttle ,or even if you want to fly faster you would apply more throttle!...:cool:
I was talking about electric planes. I probably should have specified. These planes have throttle, rudder, and elevator.