Ranger 1800 - Rebuild

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zvi

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Flying
Hi,

In the process of rebuilding my Ranger 1800 after a quite bad crash and I need some advise. It may sound odd but this is what I am experiencing.

The rudder and nose wheel are controlled by two different servos and there is a y-type cable that you connect the servos to so a single connector is connected to the receiver (or via the flight controller).

I had to exchange the servo controlling the nose wheel and I used a normal micro servo 'made in China' and modified the plastic connector so the nosewheel pin fits into the plastic actuator arm.

Unfortunately, when I move the rudder right, the nose wheel moves left and visa versa. I know it sounds weird but I have a video of this. My instructor is also quite at a loss for a fix.

Has anyone experienced this or can give me some guidance?

Thanks.

Zvi

Welcome to the group, let me think on this a bit, it's been a while but I've had this problem before, I'll have to remember what I did, I know there is a fix, but I can't think of it at the moment. maybe at lunch time I can give it some thought.

Not sure if it would work but can you mount it upside down?

Hi,

In the process of rebuilding my Ranger 1800 after a quite bad crash and I need some advise. It may sound odd but this is what I am experiencing.

The rudder and nose wheel are controlled by two different servos and there is a y-type cable that you connect the servos to so a single connector is connected to the receiver (or via the flight controller).

I had to exchange the servo controlling the nose wheel and I used a normal micro servo 'made in China' and modified the plastic connector so the nosewheel pin fits into the plastic actuator arm.

Unfortunately, when I move the rudder right, the nose wheel moves left and visa versa. I know it sounds weird but I have a video of this. My instructor is also quite at a loss for a fix.

Has anyone experienced this or can give me some guidance?

Thanks.

Zvi
Hi, Looking forward to your reply. Thanks
Not sure if it would work but can you mount it upside down?
Hi, no, that is not an option. I can add some photos but the nose wheel has a plastic arm with a slot and that slot goes into the servo actuator arm (plastic) which when I move the rudder left, the nose wheel moves right and visa versa.

Attachments

• Servo1.jpg
    Servo1.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
OK, I think I have the answer for you. This Servo Reverser goes between one side of your y harness and will reverse the signal for your rudder but not the nose gear on the separate y lead.
Thank you. I will order one. Is it not strange that I should have had this issue at all?

Thank you. I will order one. Is it not strange that I should have had this issue at all?
Hi, just wanted to thank you. I ordered one from Dave’s and one from Ali Express. It works perfectly. Thanks again. Zvi

Hi, just wanted to thank you. I ordered one from Dave’s and one from Ali Express. It works perfectly. Thanks again. Zvi
I have just learned that there is a reverse servo specifically for the nose wheel.

Trust that all these options help another newbie.

Thanks.

Zvi

IMG_5460.jpeg

Back