RadioLink RC4GS- V2 Fix?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHK3

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am trying to use a RadioLink RC4GS - V2 with their supplied receiver R6FG -V4 coupled to an ESC THW-1060-RTR also supplied in the Tamiya 1/10 Scale VQS (2020) 4WD kit.
The RadioLink receiver and transmitter link with a solid green. The ESC blinks red indicating Automatic Throttle Range Calibration has failed. I manually calibrated both steering and throttle and still have no steering or throttle? I also swapped out a new ESC to no avail.

Any clues appreciated!

did you have to jump caps installed when you tried auto cal mode?
you dont calibrate a servo.
check throttle trim make sure its at zero

Trims are at zero. Not sure of "jump caps" ?

Attachments

• VQS1.jpg
    VQS1.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 48
Yes! on the receiver I am embarrassed to say. Those connections used to be more robust with the protrusion only fitting into the receiver slot one way. This set up allows those connections to fit any way one tries.

Yes! on the receiver I am embarrassed to say. Those connections used to be more robust with the protrusion only fitting into the receiver slot one way. This set up allows those connections to fit any way one tries.
The Futaba stuff still has the one-way tab on it. I am not sure why other connectors have evolved without the tab. I blame the chinese.

The Futaba stuff still has the one-way tab on it. I am not sure why other connectors have evolved without the tab. I blame the chinese.
Nobody could agree one connector? I remember having to use an X-acto knife to slice off tabs/corners to make one brand of servo work with another brand of receiver.
Normally, the signal wire is oriented to the inside of the receiver... normally :). Sometimes it's easily labeled on the sticker, and other times the plug orientation is molded into the case, and a bit hard to see unless you have the light just right...
1652181565052.png
1652181622263.png