Traxxas slash problem PLEASE HELP

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nsanti

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I just received a Traxxas slash 4x4 1/16 and am having major issues. The listing claimed that the steering servo was bad, which is true due to the grinding noise. At first the transmitter was able to control the vehicle, but the motor was not turning. It struggled but did not turn the wheels. As you can see in the video the receiver light blinks erratically, and I have no control. After a couple of seconds it all turns off. I have tried to change from lipo mode to nimh mode, I have tried rebound the car and radio, and I still have no control. I was also unable to calibrate the controller with the esc. The red light blinked so I gave it full throttle, but there was never a second blink to tell me to go into reverse. Also when I press the ez set button once the car doesn’t turn in, I have to hold the button for a second or two. Is this how you normally turn it on. I have never had a Traxxas rc and I am grasping at straws to solve this issue.

I do have a spare flysky receiver to test it with my fly sky controller but am not too sure how that will work with the Traxxas esc.

Last edited:
I have been successful with the last video, but for the first 2 I have a tq transmitter and not a tqi. I tried to rebind the transmitter to the car but it didn’t help. Now the car won’t even stay on. The receiver light blinks red and green, I have no control, then the car turns it self off.

I have been successful with the last video, but for the first 2 I have a tq transmitter and not a tqi. I tried to rebind the transmitter to the car but it didn’t help. Now the car won’t even stay on. The receiver light blinks red and green, I have no control, then the car turns it self off.

I do not know much about the way they work ,or if all of the different versions work the same ,however ,I noticed on the vids that
there is many different modes ,including using different types of batteries an a low battery shut off system for lipo's ,is it possible
that you have the wrong mode punched in ,the purpose of me posting the vids is to help isolate the problem ,if the modes are
correct ,then something else might be damaged.
I also seen that they had disconnected the motor ,so if something is shorting out ,it may turn itself off for protection mode!

check battery voltage .charge it up.. then rebind rx to radio... unplug servo(might be drawing to many amps...

It was the servo, after unplugging it the motor works. Will be ordering a new one. Thanks for the help

I just received a Traxxas slash 4x4 1/16 and am having major issues. The listing claimed that the steering servo was bad, which is true due to the grinding noise. At first the transmitter was able to control the vehicle, but the motor was not turning. It struggled but did not turn the wheels. As you can see in the video the receiver light blinks erratically, and I have no control. After a couple of seconds it all turns off. I have tried to change from lipo mode to nimh mode, I have tried rebound the car and radio, and I still have no control. I was also unable to calibrate the controller with the esc. The red light blinked so I gave it full throttle, but there was never a second blink to tell me to go into reverse. Also when I press the ez set button once the car doesn’t turn in, I have to hold the button for a second or two. Is this how you normally turn it on. I have never had a Traxxas rc and I am grasping at straws to solve this issue.

I do have a spare flysky receiver to test it with my fly sky controller but am not too sure how that will work with the Traxxas esc.

I think that i had the same problem with mine Traxxas Slash 4wd. The remote still worked wheels were turning but it wouldn't go. I replaced the motor and it worked