Your guide to drifting!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all thanks to you buddy! I wouldn't have even known what car to buy if it weren't for this thread. Let alone how to tune for decent results. Much gratitude!

No problemo bud.

Don't hesitate to ask more questions :D. I'm always available for answers. Just LMK.

Adios!

Looking for some aluminum shocks for the tt01. Anybody know where I can find them? The only ones I can find so far are from RC Damper on the bay. Are they any good?

Not sure about them, but you can probably run some Yokomo alu. threaded shocks. Yokomo makes the best on-road shocks.

Hmmmmm......looks like I may have to dig the RS4 outta the closet and give this a shot. I love watching D1 on television, so why not. After all it's just collecting dust right now. Thanks for the right up and the tips man.

Tip: For all you nitro guys remember to richen your motor up some, you're not going for top speed runs here. And without any load on the motor while spinning the tires it's very easy to overheat a nitro engine.

No problem man. Can't wait to hear the progress.

I ordered the RC Damper shocks today, I'll give you guys a review after I try them out. They were only $20 so I figured I'd try them out before I spend $70 on Yokomos. And I told myself I wasn't going to spend any money on this one. Yeah right!

Any damper is better than no damper :D. Can't wait for the review. Hopefully they work great, so you don't have to cash out $70 on the Yokomos, although they are great.

I've gone ahead and added a countersteer section. Seems to be the new drift craze. Haven't tried it yet though.

Well time for the long overdue review. RC Damper actually puts out a really nice product for the price. I was not sure at first as the new shocks were larger in diameter and length but with a slight adjustment they went on fine. They are a bit stiff and do not come with different springs nor do the Tamiya ones work. I used lighter weight oil for a softer rear. I'm sure they're not quite as good a yokomos but they don't leak and work great for playing around.

Sounds great man. Glad you could come back to this thread and finish the review.

Back