Radio Advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericke1

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a really supped up EREVO from Sweet Diesel, unfortunately when I got it the radio technology was ehh. IT has a Sanwa Mx-3S. See here for my rig (scroll down)

https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/threads/ericke1s-speed-demon.74421/page-3#post-778965

Today I took out the Erevo after 2 years (yes I'm old). A lot of glitching and the car was losing reception. I have 2 other 2.4ghz radios in my garage one is a SANWA MT4 (Airtronics) and a KO PROPO EX5-UR.

I posted a request for a receiver for the Sanwa in the forum for someone to sell and still have not heard anything but the receiver new is over 100 dollars. The KO review is 40 dollars but nobody sells it, have to order from HK. I noticed the RX-371W will work with the MT4? Is that true, thats seems to be 59 dollars.

I saw this radio seems to do the job new with receiver:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEVDL&P=ML

Has anyone used this or am I better off upgrading the receiver and using the MT4 or EX5? I basically want a glitch free good responding radio PLEASE HELP OR DONATE YOURS TO ME :)

Last edited:
You might want to browse through this LINK at rctech on this very topic. At first glance it doesn't look like theres to much in the way of good alternatives. If it were me, Id look into picking up a good used Futaba 4PL or 4PLS. Great radios and you can get RXs for about $50. Just a thought.

Thanks Grey, I have considered and will do that. It seems that the MT4 will work with RX371-W, does anyone know? Thats about 50 dollars

Thread closed, I called airtronics and they said the rx371 will work

Status
Not open for further replies.