Question for the mp777 differentials

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pissant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok when i move the differentials they move freely BACK AND FORTH, but when a turn it clockwise or counterclockwise for a FULL TURN or more its binds abit, but i can turn it using pliers. They are in the gear box, so its the gears in the box that are binding a bit. The engine should beable to turn these over just fine right, or did i do something wrong, the thing is, both the front and back do it. :shrug:, is this normal, maybe they need to get broken in a bit and they will let up?

if youir pull the diffs out can you turn the axles seperately if you can then you have got to many shims in the dif housing and its binding, if you can't then you may have to many shims in the spur gears and their binding

really is it cause of too much shims somewhere, i have less then what they reconmmend! i will recheck thanks!

pissant said:
really is it cause of too much shims somewhere, i have less then what they reconmmend! i will recheck thanks!
even in there new state you should be able to turn them reasonably freely, if you have to use plyers there definately something not right,and you will find that you will kill either your motor or your clutch really quickly

Well I have the regular MP7.5 and the diffs spun perfectly freely, and still do. I think you have some binding somewhere that needs to be fixed or like mike said it will probably ruin your clutch quickly.

yep i found the problem on my rear diff, i must not have the shims set in place, the rear spins freely now, will be working on my front as soon as i get my homework done, thanks for your help guys, really do appreciate!!!

Glad you got it fixed man. How much was the kit by the way, What gear are you putting into it?

Later

i got it for $599 off ebay, putting in a v-spec engine, jr xs3 pro 75 mhz synth, ths pipe, 2 650 servos

650 ehh? New JR High power, but yet a very cheap price servo? Please get me more info on those, I need them for my NTC3.

they are jr z650 high torque racing servos, the only place i can find them are at stomerhobbies.com, they are out of stock, but they told me they should come in a couple of weeks, they are only $49.99 a servo

yea the problem i was running into was the bearing behing the little gear was catching those differentials, but everything runs smooth and clean now