Car wont start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtmreborn

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hi guys I need some help with my xtm xcelerator it won't start it previously would turn over but now it won't even turn over! Iv done all the usual test! Glow plug is fine , fuel getting through OK, the fuel is new! Iv put the carb settings back to factory settings? It just won't fire up? One strange thing though I turned it up side down to flood it and pull it over with plug in etc and when I did it the engine seezed and I had to remove the pull start and back plate and use a screw drive to manually move the piston it was quite hard to move it but once I did I sprayed it with oil and now its fine but It seems to do it when the car is upside down??
Hi guys I need some help with my xtm xcelerator it won't start it previously would turn over but now it won't even turn over! Iv done all the usual test! Glow plug is fine , fuel getting through OK, the fuel is new! Iv put the carb settings back to factory settings? It just won't fire up? One strange thing though I turned it up side down to flood it and pull it over with plug in etc and when I did it the engine seezed and I had to remove the pull start and back plate and use a screw drive to manually move the piston it was quite hard to move it but once I did I sprayed it with oil and now its fine but It seems to do it when the car is upside down??
Need to add that the engine is not seezed it has compression it just won't spark up

Last edited:
try to close all the pins and reopen the minimum by 2 and a half revolutions and the maximum by 3 revolutions.. if it starts, make the various carburetion corrections during use.

Need to add that the engine is not seezed it has compression it just won't spark up
When it was upside down, it more than likely filled the cylinder with fuel and locked up. When it does that, you need to take the plug out and drain the engine. As for it not starting, did the glow plug go bad?

No I have 2 plugs there both working fine but I'm wandering if iv damaged the piston as I was previously when it was starting had no washer on the plug now I see a little dent on the piston so I think it was hitting the plug now I have a washer in place

you need to pull that head off examine piston

Would a faulty piston stop it from starting?

Ah ok iv just tried some easy start straight in the carb and it won't even fire up of that glow plug is fine its glowing strong? It's an N4?

Id pull the head examine piston and check for tab on end of glow plug

Thanks is it possible to remove the head without special tools? Is a case of take the 4 screw out and pulling off or do I need a puller?

Thanks is it possible to remove the head without special tools? Is a case of take the 4 screw out and pulling off or do I need a puller?
Most likely 4 hex screws and it should pop off. Unless the manufacturer of your motor felt like changing it up. Out of curiousity whats your engine?

Just because a glow plug seems to work on the bench doesn't mean it's doing it's job under compression.

I
Most likely 4 hex screws and it should pop off. Unless the manufacturer of your motor felt like changing it up. Out of curiousity whats your engine?
It's the xtm 18 rear exsust
Just because a glow plug seems to work on the bench doesn't mean it's doing it's job under compression.
Ok thats interesting so what does that mean it could be the wrong plug?

it could be a faulty glow plug is what he is saying.id still look at piston and cylinder.

make sure there is fuel spraying, unplug the glow plug pull the pull start see if it spitting fuel if it does then maybe the carb and there enough gap?

Is I the 247 engine with greenish head or their .18?
2.5 mm hex screws.
Check for 2 shims on under side of head/button/burn room check for good seal to plug w/ new washer.
Remove fuel tube from return from pipe, blow through that and look at tube from tank to carb look for fuel, stop when fuel reaches the carb…might need to open carb some, recheck tune, verify decent juice to plug and fire up