Quality tools

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wacmartin

DAMN TREES
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I know this has been brought up to death but I'm really having a hard time trying to find the tool I need, well something thats quality anyways.
I'm looking for a #2 phillips driver, I live in a small town with one hardware tool store and they only sell their brand of screwdrivers that I have stripped out both my #1 and #2 phillips on my savage, not to mention 2 screws as well.
I have found a few #1 phillips from hobby brands but no #2, so any suggestions well be great they don't have to be hobby brand specific just something that is quality. I have a few sets of bondhus hexdriver sets that I used for work and I liked them, but I'm open to anything until I get a hex screw set and change everything over this winter. I just want to get up and running to finish out the fall bash season, and I refuse to buy more faulty screwdrivers just to frustrate myself some more.

Just buy a pack of Dewalt #2 Phillips tips and use them in a driver until you do the hex swap. If you strip a Dewalt #2 by hand the screw needs replaced.

The screws I'm stripping are the diff screws, there held in with blue loc-tite. If the Dewalt tips will work better I already have a set and the #1. I completely forgot about them, there in my drill box.

Just buy a pack of Dewalt #2 Phillips tips and use them in a driver until you do the hex swap. If you strip a Dewalt #2 by hand the screw needs replaced.

Out of all the bits I've used in my impact drill Dewalt was the longest lasting bits. I was using #3 though so i would imagine the #2 are just as good. Craftsmen/husky/and some other blue and yellow brand i can't think of the name right now are just junk.

After trying them on recommendation from another member I swear by vp-pro tools.

After trying them on recommendation from another member I swear by vp-pro tools.

Yeah? I can get them up here in Canada pretty cheap too. Same with the tires, $5.99 a pair it makes me wonder if the guys is maybe selling knock offs of them.

I've been very happy with my EDS set

Westward good, ITC never used them, but JET? Maybe you have had a good experience with them, I owned a right angle grinder by them and was not impressed with the longevity I got out of it. I had better luck with the Mastercraft I had previous to it, after that JET left a sour taste in my mouth is broke down and spent big bucks on a dotco. Best grinders out imo.

I've never tried a JET right angle grinder....I do have a couple Mikitas, and a few miller grinders, the only things I've tried from JET are the hand tools, for oilfield servicing, and some at home mechanics.

The down side I found to JET is that their tools can't be purchased in larger complete sets, seems like I had to buy different packages just to make a JET set comparable to my Westwards, or my ITCs

Vp-Pro is ALL i use, very good tools, I'm going on 2 years with mine, and still going strong, reasonably priced too.

Back