High quality engine brands?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireturtle

RC Newbie
Reaction score
What are some reputable brands? I'm looking for a new engine for my 1/10 buggy and I would like something that's good for having fun. I'm looking at the Dynamite .19 right now and any recommendations would be great. Thanks!

What are some reputable brands? I'm looking for a new engine for my 1/10 buggy and I would like something that's good for having fun. I'm looking at the Dynamite .19 right now and any recommendations would be great. Thanks!

Dynamite is a sub-brand of SH Engines, they're reputable and affordable. I've got them (SH) in .12, .15, and .18 sizes

The .19T has a Traxxas-style pilot shaft, which means the crankshaft is slightly shorter than an OS-shaft. Workable, but may need a tweak or two to the engine mounts to line everything up.

Other than that there's not much "contemporary" offerings, OS hasn't made a .18 in years...

Force engines also makes good small-blocks, .15 and .18 readily available and affordable.

Here’s where I differ in my more limited experience. A Traxxas 3.3 is a good option.

It’s not OS or Dynamite quality. But, what it lacks there, it makes up for in affordability and availability. On top of being strong and reliable.