Pull start cen fun factor

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simon44

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Morning all.

I have a third cen fun factor that I need a pull start for, due to the cars been old and out dated like myself, pull starts are rare, could anyone tell me if I can get a universal pull start.
Many thanks
Simon

Morning all.

I have a third cen fun factor that I need a pull start for, due to the cars been old and out dated like myself, pull starts are rare, could anyone tell me if I can get a universal pull start.
Many thanks
Simon

What engine does it have? Could you take a picture of the backplate? It's likely there's a pull start out there that'll fit, you just need to find the right one, and that depends mainly on the hole spacing and how far out the one-way hex sticks.

What engine does it have? Could you take a picture of the backplate? It's likely there's a pull start out there that'll fit, you just need to find the right one, and that depends mainly on the hole spacing and how far out the one-way hex sticks.
It's an NT16 with the original back plate, if I can't get a pull start would I be able to set it up using an electric start up kit?

Many thanks

Simon

It's an NT16 with the original back plate, if I can't get a pull start would I be able to set it up using an electric start up kit?

Many thanks

Simon

I'm pretty sure that's a "standard"-sized pullstart, more common on the big blocks these days, something like this should work. Lots of modern engines have a slightly smaller one.

That could also work with a roto-start, you'd want the "11012" backplate.

1679046283088.png

Cheers I will have a look into it and do some research on what parts are available.

Many thanks

Simon

There are basically 2 sizes plus some variations. From center hole to hole are generally 28mm or 32mm and then the hex nut are usually 12mm or 14mm.