Proline 69 Nova tough-color black body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

332_RC

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
Has anyone had any experience with a lexan body that is already a color- black. Like this one? No paint required.

Screenshot_20240317_201452_Chrome.jpg

Good to know. And someone who's got one. I saw on website it states comes w film & I wondered why. It's really why I started thread. Thanks guys. 👍

Good to know. And someone who's got one. I saw on website it states comes w film & I wondered why. It's really why I started thread. Thanks guys. 👍
I do know you can paint them as well. The only downside is it's on the outside of course.

I like the black out version of anything.
:D Yeah, can't you just see 332_RC's Nova done as a 'Road Warrior'? Fully blacked out with RPM chrome supercharger on the hood and a set of RPM chrome zoomies on the sides. Oh, and maybe chrome rims? To die for.

You can't really paint it, as it would not show. If you can paint , don't do it. If you can't paint, guess it can't hurt. :cool: At least it has stickers.

I almost got one, looks good to me. Love that Nova body. Might fit my drag slash. 🏁

You can't really paint it, as it would not show. If you can paint , don't do it. If you can't paint, guess it can't hurt. :cool: At least it has stickers.

I almost got one, looks good to me. Love that Nova body. Might fit my drag slash. 🏁
You can paint them. You just have to paint the outside, as I mentioned.

:D Yeah, can't you just see 332_RC's Nova done as a 'Road Warrior'? Fully blacked out with RPM chrome supercharger on the hood and a set of RPM chrome zoomies on the sides. Oh, and maybe chrome rims? To die for.
You're not wrong my friend!! Its really close to what is in my head

It might/will end up as a basher. And the outside will scuff & get personality. I bash hard, tear up bodies & get creative fixing them back with who knows what.

My friend in school had 5 Nova's, all 69 -71 or so. All that same body style anyway. Every one of them was primer black, snd jacked up in the back with fat tires. So every time I see that flat black Nova body I remember Leroy and his fleet of primer black Nova's 😜

My friend in school had 5 Nova's, all 69 -71 or so. All that same body style anyway. Every one of them was primer black, snd jacked up in the back with fat tires. So every time I see that flat black Nova body I remember Leroy and his fleet of primer black Nova's 😜
I had a 70 for about 6 months in HS. Nabbed it for 300 dollars not moving, worked on the transmission, & flipped it for 950.

Not might stick, you think? 🤷‍♂️
It's no different than painting the inside. It will of course get scraped off in wrecks. But you can paint the outside. I've seen a few of the tough bodies painted. Never owned one myself.
I had a 70 for about 6 months in HS. Nabbed it for 300 dollars not moving, worked on the transmission, & flipped it for 950.
That's why my friend had 5 of them. They were fairly easy to find dirt cheap. Then the drag racing guys started nabbing them all up and dropping big blocks in them. It's one of the only old Chevy cars I truly love, besides the '65 Malubu and Nova. The '66 Chevelle was pretty cool too if done up right.