Program for Digi Cam?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domination

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
OK heres the storyi got a free digi cam from a friend (not top of the line but its ok for me) it just needs a picture card which I'm going to pick up tomorrow. But my question is do i need a picture program specifically for a digital camera or can i use a program that on my computer. I have Print Artist, Windows imageing, and ofcourse paint if i can't use any of those program what would be one that i could pick up from either best buy or circuit city??

Originally posted by Domination
OK heres the storyi got a free digi cam from a friend (not top of the line but its ok for me) it just needs a picture card which I'm going to pick up tomorrow. But my question is do i need a picture program specifically for a digital camera or can i use a program that on my computer. I have Print Artist, Windows imageing, and ofcourse paint if i can't use any of those program what would be one that i could pick up from either best buy or circuit city??
you should be able to go to there web site and down load a driver for it ..check it out.. zandor

If you have Windows XP, you shouldn't need any software to transfer pics; XP should automatically find it. But if you don't have XP, click here, select your camera and download the appropriate driver.

Yup Yup, XP picks them up automatically. If you dont have the cord to hook it to your computer, you can always get a card reader ($15)

They act exactly like a hard drive just click on the drive letter and there are you pics..drag drop delete etc..

ok thanx alot guys one more question. After i get the driver downloaded can i use one of the programs i have to view/edit the pic from the camera.

I'm not familiar with Print Artist, but in Windows Imaging and Paint are pretty limited. I have the luxury to use Paint Shop Pro 8 which came with my new Dell. Previously I had used PhotoShop. I think if you go to the Jasc website, you can download evaluation copies of Paint Shop Pro which will do a good job of editing pics for you.

Back