problems with traxxas blast boat.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beason

Bash, Fix, Repeat..
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I recently got a traxxas blast boat from a local guy, and he said it worked fine, but when i got it home its is acting weird. soon as i plug in the battery the motor starts spinning. i have "throttle control" as i can speed it up, but it will never go to idle. and the switch being off or on doesn't make a difference. so i think the esc is fried. any ideas? it does have adjustments for neutral and proportional, but the switch not doing anything makes me believe its dead.

if it is fried, what is a good replacement? the stocker was forward only but i think i want reverse. is there a difference in a regular esc and a nautical esc? the stocker doesn't clame to be water proof, but says its a "nautical" esc

i want to go with a little hotter motor so i can get some speed. I've never owned a boat so i dont know how much torque is required to push it along. anyone have any advice on electronics for it?

if sweetdiesle sees this, will the esc i got from you work?

i also plan on painting the boat up like the one from "thunder in paradise" and making a trailer out of aluminum c channel so it looks scale. so any advice on painting and making the trailer would be great! i want to sell my emaxx project and get one of the summits for my recon project so i will pull it with that.

any and all advice will be welcome!!

thanks!

[crickets]...

noone has any info on a boat? or all you guys to busy in the crawler thread... :D

All the wizards are in their second day of spamming the supporters contest thread. :hehe:

Have you tried reprogramming the ESC?

It might be all preset from the factory. I don't think my Traxxas Villain IV had to be set up.
Just to make sure, look up the manual for that boat or the ESC and see what you can find out.

Mine had twin motors, twin batteries and twin heat sinks on the ESC, but I just don't remember if there was a way to change the setup.

Boat3.jpg

Last edited: