Problem with Slash Shocks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

I am having problems with the screws that hold my shocks in place backing out during my time on the track. Has anybody else had any issues with this truck and if so, how did you solve it? The easy answer would be to put longer screws in place, but since the screw already has a bushing built in, it is hard to find a suitable replacement. Thanks guys.

Tom

you talking about the shoulder screws at the top? had the same problem, get some blue or even red thread lock or just use some super glue in the hole then screw the screw back in and it should be good for a while atleast.

you talking about the shoulder screws at the top? had the same problem, get some blue or even red thread lock or just use some super glue in the hole then screw the screw back in and it should be good for a while atleast.

Yes, the shoulder screws.
I thought about doing something like that. I was also thinking maybe some teflon tape around the threads? Anything that would make the screw fit tighter.

In the spare parts bag there are four plastic spacers (also available in aluminum). one goes in each shock and then you run a long screw all the way through and put a nut on the end. FIXED!

In the spare parts bag there are four plastic spacers (also available in aluminum). one goes in each shock and then you run a long screw all the way through and put a nut on the end. FIXED!

I will have to check that out. Thanks my friend.

Tom

The only problem I've had with mine, is the shock cap..... But never any actual screws.

That only works for the rear shocks though, the front shocks have the body mount screwed into the other side of the tower. That's how my stock and rpm towers on the front are any way. I guess you could substitute the screw for the body mount with the longer screw for the shocks though. My front shocks were a lot worse than the rear shocks in terms of the shoulder screws backing out. I finally started using super glue but that was gumming up the threads on my screws so I was basically gluing a smooth screw into the tower. I gave some flexible loctite glue a try, and it worked pretty well and was easier to remove.

The only problem I've had with mine, is the shock cap..... But never any actual screws.

I have replaced the stock caps with aluminum as was suggested before, and that is a great tip.

I am still trying to figure out a solution for those sholder screws. I had one back out again. I think XRC had a write up on Slash hopups... it covered the shoulder screws I think... I will see if I can find it.

Tom

You could always get a longer screw, with a nut on it.

You mean, running the screw in from behind the shock tower and securing the nut on the front of the shock tower, like on an 1/8th scale?

That seems like the only 100% sure way to stop it from backing out. Just give it some nuts.....

Back