Problem with clutch bell putting a hole in the feul tank

• Thread starter sashahillhouse41
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sashahillhouse41

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Good mornings, I have a problem with a HSP Savager that is putting a hole in the fuel tank its to close to the clutch bell and no space to move the tank forward. Any suggestion what we can do. Pictures attached of the part that's drilling a hole in the tank

Good mornings, I have a problem with a HSP Savager that is putting a hole in the fuel tank its to close to the clutch bell and no space to move the tank forward. Any suggestion what we can do. Pictures attached of the part that's drilling a hole in the tank

I encountered that problem after some hard landings.

Is it possible the chassis bent or the engine shifted in its mounts, bringing the clutch bell and tank into contact with each other? As designed, it should clear it, it's close, but it shouldn't be grinding away at itself.

Welcome to RCNT! I don’t really know much about nitro but we do have a few nitro heads who might chime in!

The pictures aren’t showing for me.. I googled that truck and it does look like the tank is a bit too close to the engine. You can drill out the mounting hole and put a slot in it so that the tank can be slid further back from the clutch bell.