Pro-Line Slingshot Sand Paddles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brainanator

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Just glued up a set of Slingshot I got for my 2wd slash. These things are sweet, haven't been able to run outdoors, but man, this thing will wheelie like nothing other on my carpet, lol.
Can't wait to get these out on some sand.

They are a little skinnier than the sand paws, but I think they are a little taller too. I haven't compared them to my buddies sand paws side by side yet, but we'll be racing on some sand soon enough.

oh boy, of course!

2d2hwgm.jpg
ephhfc.jpg

351ydz5.jpg

haha looks sick !!!!!! go make a video i want to see this in action :thumbup1:

Those look cool. My son wants a set for his slash....Looks just like our quad tires.

we just got like 4" of snow (perfect for paddles, I know...)
But I kind of refuse to run it in the wet, since I'm cheap and don't want to break it.
but rest assured, I will test and video tape these in action ASAP!!!!!

i tried looking on youtube for videos but didn't find none on trucks you uys should make a video for sure :thumbup1:

Wow, those look very cool! How do they handle?

They handle good in the living room, pops wheelies super easy :p
not sure about outside yet, can't wait to try them!

EDIT: here is a vid of some guy with his 4x4 paddles all around in the snow, NOT my vid.

Last edited by a moderator:
hahah looks sick ! i'm going up to big bear next month i might bring my BLITZ and get these for the snow or do they make these for xtm x-acelerator ?

Those are soo cool!
To bad we don't get much snow on the coast, but my homemade track is so loose they might make quite a difference:D

holy bat crap!!!!
I decided to say screw it and I took out my slash in the snow with the slingshot paddles....and OMG, it was SWEET.
I was carving into hard packed snow, and if I hit it with speed it would almost float over soft powder....this is awesome!!

I'll have a video up soon, and pictures, I just gotta charge the camera batt before I can do anything :mad:

at some points it would WHEELIE! so awesome...

I bet they will drive allot better than the Proline Sand Paws I use, they are ok for straight line running but they are so square that they can's turn very well. definately post some pics pls. here are a couple of my slash paddle videos using the sand paws.

here is an after run picture, don't have the video yet....stay tuned

bfp8bt.jpg

and here, is the video you have all been waiting for.

what motor/esc combo are you using and what kind of battery? I want to run my slash at the beach this summer but don't want to buy paddles if my stock setup with a 3600 6-cell isn't going to do it for me. I want to upgrade to a vxl and a 5000 7-cell with paddles for snow/beach bashing.

nice videos too.

Thanks Juice, I'm running the castle creations Mamba Max 4600Kv combo with a Turnigy 2S 5000mAh lipo.

I've been using a poor man's version for paddles. I've added zip ties through teh stock tires in the back. it helps with traction. I've tried them at the beach too with success.

got any pics of the zip tie tire mod? I've got some old bald stockers and I think it would be funny to make zip tie paddles out of them :p

I don't have any close up pics of the tires with the zip ties. All I did was run zip ties through the each of the hubs of the back tires. I used the smallest zip ties I could. Then I cut the ends off. If you don't cut the ends off the ends rub against the body and may the same type of noise that baseball cards did in bikes wheels back in the day.

Back