Pre-emptive guide to abandoned nitro...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the candid advice.

Hmmm. For $80 I might get it and decide to drop another engine into it later on. But for now I will be just be messing around with it. :)
I looked closely, i think that might have originally started as a hyper 7.5, i just saw one on ebay for sale, same body, shocks, and looks the same, but on the gray hold down part, should say hyper 7.5, so I'm confused

Just get it man, and update when you have it, with more pics,

those wheels and tires on it, came on my 9.5 buggy originally, and those blue hubs are upgraded

Last edited:
I looked closely, i think that might have originally started as a hyper 7.5, i just saw one on ebay for sale, same body, shocks, and looks the same, but on the gray hold down part, should say hyper 7.5, so I'm confused

Just get it man, and update when you have it, with more pics,

those wheels and tires on it, came on my 9.5 buggy originally, and those blue hubs are upgraded
Ok have a lot to learn. LOL

7.5?

Wunderbar. I appreciate your input. :)

I'll get it and come update this post with better quality pics. :)

Wunderbar. I appreciate your input. :)

I'll get it and come update this post with better quality pics. :)
Are you in the states bro? if so i would help you out with nitro related stuff, and 8th scale related, I collect old ofna force engines, and wheels tires for 8ths

Are you in the states bro? if so i would help you out with nitro related stuff, and 8th scale related, I collect old ofna force engines, and wheels tires for 8ths
Unfortunately not man. I'm from the little shithole at the bottom of Africa. South Africa. :p

Unfortunately not man. I'm from the little shithole at the bottom of Africa. South Africa. :p
oh wow, okay,

Sorry wish you were closer friend.

Do you only order rc stuff online if you need parts or something?

oh wow, okay,

Sorry wish you were closer friend.

Do you only order rc stuff online if you need parts or something?
Yeah. I don't have a hobby shop in my town. But there hobby shops in SA which I order from.

I can't even look at ebay or other places as the shipping to SA is mega expensive! :(

So if we buy RC's here, we need to make sure the LHS stock the parts. lol.

Yeah. I don't have a hobby shop in my town. But there hobby shops in SA which I order from.

I can't even look at ebay or other places as the shipping to SA is mega expensive! :(

So if we buy RC's here, we need to make sure the LHS stock the parts. lol.
Save up a bit, and order everything in one buy, i will offer my help in getting parts to you, for no compensation, just actual costs.

Save up a bit, and order everything in one buy, i will offer my help in getting parts to you, for no compensation, just actual costs.
Thanks man. Yeah if I need from overseas I will have to do that. :) And thanks for the offer.

Just trying to arrange a courier to collect the car. The town the guy lives in still has dirt roads between the houses. No couriers there for him to ship it. lol.

Jeepers. What a mission to get the car to me.

Floods recently hit our province. So my the who was coming down here for a holiday cancelled his trip.
Luckily my cousin was going to his parents and him driving through the town where the car is located, he picked it up for me last week. But he has been so busy at work he had no chance to ship it yet.

Shees. Looking at only getting my grubby paws on it next week if this trend carries on. LOL!

FINALLY! She arrived!

Only problem I can see on the car is the pipe from the airfilter to the carb that is torn. I say torn, because the rubber is still very flexible and not brittle. :)

Attachments

• 20220425_163722.jpg
    20220425_163722.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 20220425_163728.jpg
    20220425_163728.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20220425_163749.jpg
    20220425_163749.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20220425_163757.jpg
    20220425_163757.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 20220425_163818.jpg
    20220425_163818.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20220425_163825.jpg
    20220425_163825.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 41
Looks good.

Now pull your sleeves up and keep us updated.
Hell yeah! I need somw nitro bits like fuel and batteries. 🤣

My unboxing of the car is up on YT. More detailed view of it.

So after some cleaning and whatnot, she is looking much much better.

Some things I did:

1. Took the tank off and gave it a clean inside and out.
2. Took the exhaust and manifold off and cleaned them. Also the white rubber hose thing connecting the exhaust to the manifold.
3. Cleaned between the cooling fins on the engine.
4. Removed the battery box and tidied up the wiring. Also tested both servo's. Working! :)
5. Cleaned the fuel lines from some built up gunk. Found a genius way to do this. Well, perhaps not new to anyone else? hahaha.
6. Blew out the chassis and parts with compressed air.
7. Washed the body.

I'll be ordering a new transmitter, hump pack and nitro fuel to get this puppy going.

P.S. This is a .21 Go engine. I see it's got a N4 glow plug in. Is this ok? Googling tells me this is a HSP N4 glow plug. I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated. The guy I bought it from told me he always runs OS8 plugs. Well, not on this one. LOL!

Attachments

• 20220430_182519.jpg
    20220430_182519.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 20220430_183447.jpg
    20220430_183447.jpg
    295.6 KB · Views: 36
Great job ,looks good ,I think that engine was liked by many if my memory is right ,but
can not remember what the buggy is!..:thumbs-up::cool:
Thanks man!

It's a Hobao Hyper 7 TQ Sport. I think it's the v1 of the TQ if I judged correctly by the battery box on it on videos. I think the TQ2 had a closed battery box. But that is all I could see on the YT. :)