Post up your lids!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogie

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
Figured I would start up a sort of paintjobs thread since noone had started one up yet.

Here's a few I did for myself and some buddies...

IMG_4492.jpg

IMG_4498.jpg

IMG_4598.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg

mman3.jpg

mman2.jpg

IMG_5304.jpg

betty5.jpg

IMG_4111.jpg

I'll have a few SCT pics up soon!

some nice paint jobs.

Thanks!

Found another one...

IMG_4816.jpg

Nice paintjobs. I like the last crawler.

Damn boogie, great work.

I'm going to have to meet up with you and have you teach me how you're getting that marble effect! You aren't too far from me it looks like.

Great looking Lids, I like the way you marbled the paint

These all look nice. Good Job.

Marauder, is that the hard core or desert rat body? I'm looking to do that body up in black, but with the Jack Daniels Nascar decals.

What's funny about the black and blue crawler, is that it was the only one I really messed up on. The masking somehow screwed up and I had a few paint bleeds I had to sort of buff out with a bamboo skewer. It turned out ok, but it could have definitely been better. But yeah, out of all the effects, marbling is my favorite and the one I've had the most practice at. Next up is true fire, so we'll see how that goes.

It's the proline desert rat body.

That blue marble effect is badass either way. I take it you race legends down at Coyote?

Cool.
Thanks!
Yeah, once or twice back in the winter...then I just got too tied up with work so I sold it to pay for stuff for my crawler. I wish I hadn't sold it, but I at least got close to what I put into it back out of it...other than the time I put into painting the body. I'm actually going to get another Legends kit sometime this fall and race some more, it's a hoot.

Thanks! It was finished literally hours before a comp, I'm pretty sure the clear coat wasn't completely dry by the time I hit the first course. The marbling is actually pretty easy to do, definitely a lot easier than masking and cutting a lot of graphics. I want to get a vinyl plotter/cutter sometime for my setup so I can print my own custom masks, it makes life a LOT easier when doing complicated jobs.

Tyler, that body looks sick. I noticed you had it for sale, not digging it?

Back