Post a picture of your HPI Savage!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey no problem durwank, you gotta love the chicks that keep popping up outta nowhere ! - :D;)

The truck looks good there 'savage x'. !

Hey 'geronimo', so you like the smell of 'new rubber' huh ? - :hehe:

BTW, 'pitbull14218' I like the Chevy body....but I'm not so big on the orange windows, even though they're starting to grow on me a little bit.- :p:
yep, pretty much. rubber, plastic ,lexan. after it hits the mud and a few cow patties, its just not the same. :\:D

savage xl

my savage xl with rc solutions cage :D:D:)
IMG_2431.gif

IMG_2423.gif

IMG_2415.gif

IMG_2416.gif

Don't land hard on your tail, or it will look like this:
2005-0917-BentRCSCage.JPG

Especially since it's longer from center to rear without support.

OUCH!!!! I thought they were more solid than that, but guess not...:\

They work great for square roof top landings. Front or rear end landings tweak them pretty bad. Especially when you land off kilter on the front or rear. Twists them up like a pretzel.

However, if you notice, nothing on the truck is damaged other than the cage... but, the cage new was $130. The engine, also $130. Kind of a wash. :)

However, if you notice, nothing on the truck is damaged other than the cage... but, the cage new was $130. The engine, also $130. Kind of a wash. :)

Dont wanna derail this tread there but, was the engine touched at all on that hit??

New pics of my Savage...

Savage X SS
XL Chassis conversion
RPM Center Skid plate
3 Speed Transmission
Robinson Racing Extra Hard 14T/52T Gearing
Fioroni Carbon Clutch
Axial Beadlocks (2 sets)
Proline 40 Series Moabs
Proline 40 Series Big Joes
Proline LST Ford F650 Body
Proline LST Dodge Mega Cab Body
Bellcrank Bearing Upgrade
Losi Mach 427 (Installed)
O.S. .30 (going to be installed)
JR 9100T Steering Servo
JR ST126MG Throttle Servo
Futaba R603FS Reciever
Futaba 3PKS

003-Copy-1.jpg

006-Copy-3.jpg

011-Copy2.jpg

011-Copy-1.jpg

014-Copy-1.jpg

013-Copy.jpg

004-Copy-1.jpg

Finally finished the 5B shock mod. Destroyed the FLM towers with a couple of big jumps. Went with the GH towers. Seems much stronger.

gh-tower-complete.jpg

complete-jeep.jpg

complete-robber.jpg

Not even a close fit with stock towers? I hate running alloy towers... puts too much stress on everything else on roof landings.

New Savage X

Hey guys, new to the forums. My father-in-law and I just got a set of Savage X 4.6 and been trashing them. He decided to make a new body, so here it is. Ford F650 custom body. He bought black rims to go with it but not tires so that will come later. Mine will come later.

P1030298.jpg
P1030300.jpg
P1030309.jpg

Long time no see. I'm joining a track up in fremont, ca and trying to get my truck up to speed. Where can I get that little plastic exhaust tip? I want to quiet it down a bit and direct exhaust away from the frame.

picks-savage-282.jpg

That was right after build. It obviously doesn't look like this right now :D. I'll post a recent photo tonight.

Edit: Here is the dirty:

Paint-Job-001.jpg

get that poopy blue traxxas fuel outta there

New pics of my Savage...

Savage X SS
XL Chassis conversion
RPM Center Skid plate
3 Speed Transmission
Robinson Racing Extra Hard 14T/52T Gearing
Fioroni Carbon Clutch
Axial Beadlocks (2 sets)
Proline 40 Series Moabs
Proline 40 Series Big Joes
Proline LST Ford F650 Body
Proline LST Dodge Mega Cab Body
Bellcrank Bearing Upgrade
Losi Mach 427 (Installed)
O.S. .30 (going to be installed)
JR 9100T Steering Servo
JR ST126MG Throttle Servo
Futaba R603FS Reciever
Futaba 3PKS

003-Copy-1.jpg

006-Copy-3.jpg

011-Copy2.jpg

011-Copy-1.jpg

014-Copy-1.jpg

013-Copy.jpg

004-Copy-1.jpg

That's a nice Mach 427 silver cooling head that you have on your Savvy.;):D

Do you realize that post you quoted is from 2007? Looks like clue thunder fuel to me.

Here is my truck

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

That wing should not be that high above the body.:D:hehe: & I read in my R/C Car Action magazine that you should not use any type of silicone tubing(exhaust deflector) on the stinger of your exhaust because it alters the performance of your vehicle(truck) and could possibly slow it down.;)

That wing should not be that high above the body.:D:hehe: & I read in my R/C Car Action magazine that you should not use any type of silicone tubing(exhaust deflector) on the stinger of your exhaust because it alters the performance of your vehicle(truck) and could possibly slow it down.;)

Thats normal for wings on savages...

And RCCA is full of BS...Magazine full of LIES and traxxas ads...

Thats normal for wings on savages...

And RCCA is full of BS...Magazine full of LIES and traxxas ads...

I agree Sam, I have always used a deflector with no problems. As long as the it's not a small one that can restrict exhaust flow.

I subscribe to all 4 big US RC mags and yes RCCA seems like nothing more than an advertising portal now. There paper is so thin it's hard to turn a page with out ripping it. Their publisher and distributor is Palm Coast and they are terrible.

Last edited:
Back