Photos of my new rc10gt - w/ RCNT stickers!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitroaddict

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Here is the outside -
595buggy-med.JPG

and the inside - showing my nice Ti chassis and aluminium shocktowers.

595buggy_inside-med.JPG

Looks pretty sweet Anthony. Did you paint that body? If so what was your inspiration?

yeah - i painted it. it was more like lack of inspiration. i still had some rattle cans left over from the pre-airbrush days, and decided to use them up.
------
took a paint brush, and sprayed the bristles and flicked it over the the body to add the splatter.

then i used type setting tape from work to mask off the lines. used 4pt, 8pt, 10pt, and 12pt tape. used pactra neons red, orange and yellow. body is sprint white.
-----
kinda looks like a norman pollock painting, doesn't it?

i am in love with that chassis.

The chassis looks sweet, the body reminded me of Eddy Van Halen's old guitar, but with a more Floridian color scheme

Originally posted by nitro dave
The chassis looks sweet, the body reminded me of Eddy Van Halen's old guitar, but with a more Floridian color scheme

Yeah - my friend at work, who is also into RC, said the exact same thing, lol

thats sweet! Best gt body I have ever seen. that would be awesome if it glowed in a black light. and also what tires are you using in those pictures?

Last edited:
specter - they are proline's with the 3-piece wheel set.

what I meant were the rubbers on the rims. or do you mean that it came pre-glued? damn can't get enough of looking at that body.

they are not preglued - not glued at all - i have them mounted on a bolt together 3 peice wheel. the tires are prolines.

glad u like the body - i paint them for free if anyone wants one. take alook in my gallery i think there are some more bodies.

O! I never new what the big deal about 3 piece wheels was, w/3 pieces you can basically clamp the rubber into the rims?? (sorry for the dumb question.)

Nice work on the body. :thumbsup: You will be bring that beast to the RCNT bash right?

Originally posted by specter
w/3 pieces you can basically clamp the rubber into the rims?? (sorry for the dumb question.)

That is exactly correct!

Originally posted by mcvickj
Nice work on the body. :thumbsup: You will be bring that beast to the RCNT bash right?

u bet! thats the main reason i bought it!

That is one of the greatest ideas ever! I hate taking off chunks of glued rubber.
Thanx!

Sorry for being a pain in the ass NA, but do you know of any websites that sells 3-piece rims that will fit the RTR Plus (3/16") I can't seem to find any.
thanx

all the ones i know of only sell them for the 1/4" drives - as most people who have the RTR upgradee to CVD's anyway, which are 1/4". if u are using the 3/8" drives just drill out the wheels with a 1/4 inch bit.

ok cool
I'll try and drill out the rear wheels O and I pmed you since I am going to purchase the 1/4" disregard it

no sweat - make sure u get the CVD's - they are a must. dont spend too much time on the 3-peice wheels - they work great for bashing, but terrible for racing.

I am not worrying about the 3 pieces there just a leisure item how do you remove glued pieces of rubber from you rim's lip??

-cvd- converting the 3/16" to 1/4" is much harder than just drilling out the hole at least I thinkbecaus I think tha you must order new hub carriers but I'm not totally sure either that or you just replace the bearings. not sure the bearing way seems alot easier but I am not totally sure; maybe you can shed some light on the subject??.
thanx

edit- hmm, after reading my rc10gt instruction book for about ten minutes and a lot of head scratching it looks like the bearings that it comes with fit right over the mip cvd's since the FT does not come with 1/4"x3/8" bearings it comes with 3/16"x3/8" just like the rtr plus. hmm still scratching my head. looks like I'll order it and find out for the rest of us.:smart:

Last edited:
I just picked up a new digital caliper of some type it measures the thickness of stuff but anyways I measured my 3/16" stub axle with it and then compared it to a 1/4" mark on a ruler and i figure if I want to but a 1/4" wheel on I could just put like 2 passes of elec tape around it and bam 1/4" mark. I'll figure it out though but I am just going to order the 3/16" cvd and figure something out. I'll fill you all in on the details.

Back