Photos from RAMS 5th Scale Race Event Northern CA

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddy

The Slowest Guy In Town
Supporter
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
Today I had the pleasure of going to my firs 5th scale event ever. All I can say is these guys have SKILL! Its not like the 10th scale racing I do. The on-road RCs are much different then my Baja 5B as well.

I attended the events as a spectator and to help promote our new FG High performance ABEC-5 Kits Distributed by www.TeamGoNads.com We gave away free sets to the winners of the A-Main Events. Hope you guys enjoy them and put them to good use.

SweetDiesel even stopped by for a while to check it out. His daughter leaned over and sad "Daddy, I want one" :D

I have a lot more photos but here are just a few.
Enjoy!

IMG_2401.JPG

IMG_2435.JPG

IMG_2437.JPG

IMG_2468.JPG

IMG_2469.JPG

IMG_2470.JPG

IMG_2471.JPG

IMG_2474.JPG

IMG_2477.JPG

IMG_2480.JPG

IMG_2482.JPG

IMG_2485.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2498.JPG

IMG_2548.JPG

IMG_2571.JPG

IMG_2572.JPG

IMG_2573.JPG

IMG_2578.JPG

Those are some great pics, and damn those cars are nice.

Bryson

That is some money right there. Great photos. Bet it was a blast to watch.

Jeez did you see those hydraulic disc brakes?!? Crazy. It doesn't get more real than that.

I think the good brake setup is around 600.00

Here are a few more pics

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2467.JPG

IMG_2478.JPG

those brakes are better then the ones on my 350z!

I need to get a 3rd job, I want one of these! The car above is even more stunning in person. There is some serious coin in these rigs.

Man, those are quite the machines!

Any idea what these springs are for? It appears they are to help the brake cylinders to get pushed back in when you let off the brakes. It just looks like a really weird way to accomplish that goal. You'd think they would just use a coil over spring on the linkage.

2007-0715-WeirdBrakeSpring.jpg

Nice pictures Eddy. I've thought about going with hydro's on my FG MT5 but just can't seem to fork out that kind of money for an off-road truck, I'll probably just go with a tuned brake setup for it instead.

-Michael

Great pics my friend! Wow those are some pretty neat machines. The most realistic setups I have ever seen on an RC. WOW!

Tom

I think the coolest thing about those things is when they crash! They sound like a 1:1 car when they crash!!!

Definatly some serious coin involved.

1st off damn nice car's how much do those cost? Also I've never seen a hydrolic brake system set up on an RC how does it work?

Darn you, Eddy! Now I need to get another toy. I just need to find somewhere to run it.

those are bad a cars look dang expensive though

I actually just picked one up last week. Its a bit on the un-kept side of life but I'm giving it a touch of Ed and getting it ready to race for next season.

Not sure how I missed this on....Nice pics Ed.Post some more of your when its up to snuff.

Good luck racing those....man that looks fun!!!