Part swapping

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD546

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Will shocks from a Traxxas slash fit and work on my TA Pro4 SC10?

Last edited:
Look at Proline Powerstroke shocks.
Or get shocks from a race kit like a 22sct (TLR) or SC6.4 (Associated)
A guy I watch on the YT uses B74.2 13mm bore shocks on his slash no issues (MX Acers)

The Traxxas shocks are 2mm shorter overall, but that isn't likely to cause you any problems, in my experience.

generally most brands of 1/10 shocks will be compatible in terms of size from "hole to hole" however internal parts such as springs, pistons, caps, shafts etc, may not be compatible, so if you switch it's best to swap the entire shock.

I would check out Jennys RC which is a chop shop if you want to get quality parts from a name brand, just measure your shock size and compare to make sure they are going to be about the same size to make them compatible.

https://jennysrc.com/

High quality shocks are going to have aluminum bodies/caps with threaded collars and threaded cartridge bodies. I stay away from shocks with plastic components, e-clips and progressive springs.

I happen to have a set of aluminum HPI Blitz ESE shocks with a full set of tuning springs that I will sell for $40 shipped, if interested I'll post some pics here.

I'm just as shocked. 🤣
Too springy

Jenny's RC has Traxxas GTR shocks from the Slash / Rustler 4x4 Ultimate. 75 bucks with springs oil and everything assembled. Seems like a good price on a good set of shocks. I know for the GTRs for the Slash 2wd, on the front, you need a smaller eyelet to fit into the front arms. On a Pro4 SCT, not sure, but it should fit up no problems. Lengths are just going to be different.

why are we giving the op sub par shock links?.. ok its not a good idea to use a shock thats shorter than the oem 1s . W
What's the top of piston going to o smash off the top seal ..Oh so good . how long will that shock last? come on gurus chime in!
I ran into maxing out a shock with a XXXT back in the day. my fix was a small piece of nitro tubing on shock shaft to limit its maximum travel.

Last edited:
Back