4X4 opinion time.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I might have the best trucks for snow going. Not what your looking for though. A Sledge, and a Sport.

....I probably should have specified one thing. I am going to be buying a used slider, and building it my way. If I end up with a Slash/Rally like last time, I will just build it like my last one, but, I like trying different brands, and I am a big fan of AE stuff.
GIF by South Park

Best answer hands down.

I'm gradually moving away from 2wd SCTs. I was always adding weight to my 2wd SC10 rides to better handle rough/bumpy track. After driving the SCT410SL, even though it's supposedly "lightweight", I'm hooked on 4wd SCTs.

Last edited:
"Orangutan Groper"?
:clown:
Leave my cousins alone!
Stop. A simple word. But if you say it 20 times it sounds funny and foreign. 🤪🤣
Wait, there was a plan?! :bored:
Those who don't know of plan are usually involved in it unknowingly and are the focus of it. 🤔🤔

Leave my cousins alone!
Stop. A simple word. But if you say it 20 times it sounds funny and foreign. 🤪🤣

Those who don't know of plan are usually involved in it unknowingly and are the focus of it. 🤔🤔
Well, dammitt!
:hehe:

You want a Tekno, forget about traxxas….. sorry guys. nab up an Et48 which is the truggy or an eb48 which is a buggy. Either .3 or .4 versions but the 2.0 might be the only ones around. I can send you contact info for a guy selling his eb48.4 for a really good deal. You can ”sct” the buggy by changing the front shock tower and keeping everything else and use 2.8 tires. Keep the buggy body as a mud gaurd. The truggy can be equipped with 3.8mt’s or something crazy like that.
I’m just partial to the Tekno platforms because they are beyond durable for “bashing”
IMG_4170.jpeg

You want a Tekno, forget about traxxas….. sorry guys. nab up an Et48 which is the truggy or an eb48 which is a buggy. Either .3 or .4 versions but the 2.0 might be the only ones around. I can send you contact info for a guy selling his eb48.4 for a really good deal. You can ”sct” the buggy by changing the front shock tower and keeping everything else and use 2.8 tires. Keep the buggy body as a mud gaurd. The truggy can be equipped with 3.8mt’s or something crazy like that.
I’m just partial to the Tekno platforms because they are beyond durable for “bashing”
View attachment 176118
I would rather stay with an SCT. This is just one of my previous winter builds; https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/3s-mega-hybrid-build.48405/

Then I still say Tekno, turn the eb48 into an sct( easy) or by the sct410.3 roller from @RustyUs, I swear you won’t find one cheaper. However the sct doesn’t have quite the drivetrain like the 1/8 scale buggy, it may not handle big tires. The picture above is an eb48.3 with an sct front shock tower. It could easily be an sct by adding body posts. 1/8th scale is where it’s at.

Due to everything that has happened this year (robbed twice, tools the first time, entire RC collection the second time, ex that got into drugs and caused me a lot of issues, lost two vehicles, one in an accident, one from a fire, and lost my house), everything RC for me right now is gonna happen very slowly, so it might be a month or more before I'm actually ready to buy anything. Mostly I do the opinion questions to see if anything new pops up because I have been completely away from anything RC for awhile now. In a perfect world, I would have two of every 1/10 SCT available. Another part of it though, I don't race, and I can be very hard on my stuff, so I'm always looking for what won't break in situations like when I jump it 30 feet off a concrete ramp.

Due to everything that has happened this year (robbed twice, tools the first time, entire RC collection the second time, ex that got into drugs and caused me a lot of issues, lost two vehicles, one in an accident, one from a fire, and lost my house), everything RC for me right now is gonna happen very slowly, so it might be a month or more before I'm actually ready to buy anything. Mostly I do the opinion questions to see if anything new pops up because I have been completely away from anything RC for awhile now. In a perfect world, I would have two of every 1/10 SCT available. Another part of it though, I don't race, and I can be very hard on my stuff, so I'm always looking for what won't break in situations like when I jump it 30 feet off a concrete ramp.
I’m sad to hear all of that, I hope you can work through it all.
I still say tekno! The 1/8 buggy is the same size as a 1/10 sct.

I’m sad to hear all of that, I hope you can work through it all.
I still say tekno! The 1/8 buggy is the same size as a 1/10 sct.
That's because most 1/10 SCT's are based off a 1/8TH scale platform. It's one of the reasons I like them so much. Being a larger size, they tend to not flip over all the time like MT's and Truggies do, and have way better handling characteristics. As for a 1/8TH Tekno, they have always been out of my price range, even used. Most 1/8TH scale are, because everything for them is more expensive. I also don't ever run more than 2S, and most 1/8TH scale are too heavy for that. My Losi TEN-SCTE would drain a 2S in minutes, whereas my Slash 4x4 would run 30 minutes or more on 2S. Everything RC I do is always on a very tight budget, and, the only time I strayed from that (Losi TEN-SCTE), the truck sat 6 months before it was useable.

Back