4X4 opinion time.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Feel like I’m trying to sell @RustyUs sct410.3 for him, because everyone lately saying “ I want an sct” should be gunning for that. It really is the cheapest 4wd tank you will ever see again in your life, and he hasn’t even driven it. I once thought $300ish was too much for a truck/car, but then I bought a $200 rtr just to put another $200 into it. A used Tekno, if you find a good deal isn’t really that much more than a traxxas, or other brands, because there’s nothing to upgrade on a Tekno, it’s already there.
I get it though, you have lost your collection and want to get back on your feet right quick, well I’m telling you, sitting on a pot of gold for 6 months while you can get some wheels and tires and an economical hobbywing electronics combo is not going to kill you. It will just make you phene like a crackhead for that 6 months.
I recently had an eb48 roller on the hook for $270 I believe is what he was selling it for. If he still has it in about 3 more weeks, it’s mine

Actually, the 14MM hex is one of the parts I do like about the Arrma trucks, because, of all the non paddle tires I have tried, the Katars seem to work really well in snow. The only center diff truck I have ever owned was a Losi TEN-SCTE, that I really didn't run much.

As for Arrma winter durability, I think I literally broke every part on my V1 build the first winter I ran it. Lower arms were especially easy to break. I built a Slash/Rally hybrid with the Traxxas HD kit, and I don't remember breaking anything on that. Now if only Arrma would come out with a similar kit, it would be a no-brainer, because I do really like how interchangeable parts are from the different Arrma models.

My Arrma 3s models have seriously been the worst cars I have ever owned.

I build Bandit's and Slash cars from Stampedes and Rustler's, because, around here, they are the cheapest 2WD in the Traxxas lineup you can get, but, I have only ever messed with one Traxxas 4WD, a Fiesta Rally I picked up used, so, I'm familiar with both Arrma and Traxxas parts interchangeability, but, of the two, I personally prefer the Arrma platform for building from, I just hate repairing them all the time. With Traxxas, it's almost a, build it HD, and never fix it again type thing, which works for me, because of how much of a pain it can be to get the diffs out.

The Arrmas have to be easy to take apart because you are constantly having to do so.

I say get the Slash or the Associated, if you get the Associated ditch the stock radio(it's still better than the Spektrum STX2).

20231110_093706_resized_1.jpg
20230825_110410_resized_1.jpg

My snow rigs. Fast and powerful, slow with torque.

Last edited:
Back