Painting rc car body's

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew123

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
What is the best paint that will work with the bittydesign liquid mask for painting rc car body's

I would think normal polycarbonate paint for RC bodies? Not to sure, never used liquid mask yet.
Liquid mask is like am Elmer's glue thar dries. From there you can cut out a design peel it, paint it, peel the rest and paint another color. It's basically a liquid masking tape.

Everyone's going to post their favorite brand and I will share my experience with the following brands of aerosols for polycarb:

Tamiya - Too thin for my liking, it requires 3-4 very thin coats, I tend to spray on too thick and get a runny mess with this brand
Spazstix - My personal favorite, perfect thickness to spray 2 light coats to get perfectly even coverage with no runs
Duratrax - My backup when Spazstix is out of stock, color selection isn't as good but spray quality is similar

If you want professional results then invest in a high quality air brush and spend lots of time practicing.

I choose to keep things simple and use masking tape with aerosols, here's my most recent paint job from last week using Spazstix:

1700440477590.png