Operation "Firm but Fair" is now in full force

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
RCNT Members,

Of all the complaints we as staff receive about RCNT, 99% relate to a small minority of users who are disrespectful and rude, and that come to RCNT with a sense of entitlement. They ruin the fun for everyone else and they clutter our forums. Today we’re announcing an effort to "take back the community" and restore a feeling of the RCNT that once was.

Over the past few weeks we’ve made several changes at RCNT in terms of our ability to combat these members. We’ve increased the moderator team. We’ve revamped the infraction system so that mods can more effectively deal with complaints.

Today we are introducing a new initiative on RCNT known internally as project "Firm but Fair". We will not tolerate flaming, trolling, or blatant disregard for the rules. Our moderators have a new license to give infractions and impose short- and long-term bans. They will act swiftly and decisively to root out troublesome members.

If they disagree with a moderator’s actions, users CAN complain (not in the forums, only via Private Message). We are putting systems in place to ensure that mods ask for advice from the team in complex situations. Senior mods and I will do everything we can to ensure that moderators wield their power for good, not evil. Fair but firm. Firm but fair. It’s a balance we strive for daily, and this is a responsibility we all take seriously.

RCNT's ultimate goal as a site is to further the Radio Controlled hobby by offering a place where both new and old hobbyists can come and share and enjoy the hobby together. The site is an endless library of knowledge for those who are here to learn. We want you to know that we are doing everything we can to make this the best possible place for all of you and to ensure that all understand what RCNT is truly about.

As always, feel free to PM me with ideas/thoughts/suggestions.

-Michael

Much respect. I was one that got a little thrown around, but all is good now. I hope this brings results! :)

many thanks to the RCNT staff for a great job. i have the most trust in the staff. thanks lots.

I am sure thing's will go over smooth! Order....ORDER in the forum.

I'm new to this forum but not forums in general. I'm glad to see the mods are doing something about the weeds. Those people are a real nuisance and can actually steer people away from a new hobby.

Good job mods!

Awesome, thanks for the work you do. It's tough sometimes and dedicating, you guys do a great job.

Back