OMFG, I'm mad now. May the best jump ever R.I.P. or ressurect

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redhatman

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well, My brother (17) had some friends over before they were going to go out tonight, and they decided to leave. A minute or 2 later I hear a loud "CRACK" I was like, maybe they got in a crash because they are teenagers... So i walk outside, no cars but i just got in from jumping my rc's a little while earlier. Take a look at the jump and :

Jumpruined001.jpg

Jumpruined002.jpg

Jumpruined003.jpg

Jumpruined006.jpg

That jump was my 3rd design and by far the best. If you have seen my videos with it, you would know.

This was not to long ago this picture was taken on an average day with the jump:

pics031.jpg

I hope his stupid friend pays up because it took around $20 and about 3 hours of work to make and perfect it, even multiple trips back to the hardware store for more wood or screws.

May it R.I.P. or be resurrected to have more great bashing sessions...

-Pat

Sorry about the ramp, but, it looks like you left it on the street, my man. If so, fair game for the 1:1's.

Leaving it in the streets is not the best idea. But I wouldn't run someones stuff over if I can avoid it. I would be upset too but next time just drag it to the lawn off the street. Your brother needs to man up and help you out with that.

Monkey Wrench said:
on the street, my man. If so, fair game for the 1:1's.

yea, i realize i should have brought it out, but what if it was a kid? Anything in the street makes it right to run over? They are a year away from being legal adults and can't even look out for the road ahead...

redhatman said:
yea, i realize i should have brought it out, but what if it was a kid? Anything in the street makes it right to run over? They are a year away from being legal adults and can't even look out for the road ahead...
Good point. Next time avoid it by taking off the street. Your brother or whoever was driving was a prick for doing it.:thumbdown

redhatman said:

I didn't say it was right or wrong, only that it's fair game. If your brother was actually aiming for it, then shame on him, but if he didn't see it (or whoever was driving) and hit it, then it was an accident. If there is a ball, or someones RC comes flying into the street when I'm driving, of course I'm going to try and avoid it, but not at the cost of possibly damaging my 1:1 truck or injuring someone.

I really am not trying to make you feel bad. It looks like it was an awesome ramp and it does suck it got clipped like it did, but there has to be a little ownership on your part, being that you left it in the street.

I hope you can either salvage it (can't tell if the frame got broken) or build a new one. I'd at least get your brother to kick in half of the cost of repairs, though.

yea, it wasn't my brother, it was one of his friends. I called him after he left and told him, and his friend offered to give me some money or build me a new one. I dont even know if its worth building a new one being winter is just around the corner.

I ripped a basketball hoop off with my work truck once... lol

sucks man

some good memories with that jump, lots of broken stampede parts.

yea, not to many broken savy and hyper 7 parts though... lol. Plenty of flips with the savage and lots of sightseeing from way up there with the buggy. O GEEPERS! too bAd i never hooked my camera on the buggy and got some nice video from way up there!

that was pretty nice he offered to pay for it or offer to build ya one, but I gotta agree on leaving it on the street is a no no.

haha, no. Its actually 1/4 or 1/2 plywood for the sides (can't remember), 2 x 2 rods for supports, and then pegboard for the top without holes. Very flexible stuff, so you need lots of supports.

Man, that is a bummer, Pat. Look at it this way, at least the majority of it is salvalgeable. Looks like all you need to do is replace one or two supports and one side, along with the peg board top. I'd just get a piece of poster board or something large enough and trace the outline of the good support to match it.

If you make anything bigger, my stampede ain't going off it. :D

aircruiser said:
If you make anything bigger, my stampede ain't going off it. :D

WOW, good one. You went off that jump like once, and i had to convince you lots to go off it again with me catching it. Yet, you will run your car full speed into dan, or under our van (it rhymes)

Monkey Wrench said:
Man, that is a bummer, Pat. Look at it this way, at least the majority of it is salvalgeable. Looks like all you need to do is replace one or two supports and one side, along with the peg board top. I'd just get a piece of poster board or something large enough and trace the outline of the good support to match it.

yea, but the thing is, is that thats pretty much the whole jump. I figure, winter is just around the corner so maybe something small but otherwise i will just wait until spring to build a new one.

Yeah, but you're trucks can take a hell of a lot more than mine.

Back