Old Intellapeak Twin Pulse Charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalhead Matt

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
For some reason, I remember there being a recall on this charger. But it was never sent in. It works, but one of the circuits is a little funny. I have to plug the pack into it a few times before it reads it. Also, it won't stop charging before the packs get too warm. I don't have a temp gun at the moment, but I have a pretty good idea that the packs are right around 120 degrees after about 25-30 minutes. Which seems about about how long they should take to charge. I stop running at the first sign of power decreasing. It charges at 3.5 amps, and I'm charging 4600 Tenergy 6 cells. Figured this should be fine. Does anybody remember anything about these chargers?

I looked it up on tower, and in the description, it mentions being careful with nimh packs. They may overheat.:)

I've had issues with mine as well. I wasn't really sure if it was actually acting up or I was just going crazy. Mine only does it on the one side though if I recall correctly, the other side seems to stop charging at the appropriate time. At any rate, I don't use it anymore because I'm afraid to destroy my good IB packs. I'm waaay overdue for a reliable high end charger. It's quite unfortunate because it's honestly one of the reasons I never run my r/c's anymore because I'm afraid to toast my $80 packs. F that.

I hear ya Lessen. I charge my packs on the in-table, where I sit and watch tv. I just rest my hand on the packs. My internal thermometer tells me when to stop charging.:) Funny thing, last night, it peaked my packs just as it should. I still won't walk away from it though. I'm in the boat of needing a good charger too. But this old thing beats charging 4600 packs with my traxxas rx pack charger. 1 amp + 4600mah bats = not worth it.:)

Back