OFNA Nitro HYPER MT ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCNUTZ

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What do you guys think of the OFNA NITRO HYPER MT? Looks well built from what I can see . Looks like Steel gears in Trans and Spur. What are your Thoughts? Wanted a Savage XL but reading about 3 speed issues and Motor Issues...

I've also was interested in the Ofna MT. Looks killer. I have never heard of anyone running one. I hope some one else will chime in..

I've also was interested in the Ofna MT. Looks killer. I have never heard of anyone running one. I hope some one else will chime in..
I agree it does look killer.I've read good things about OFNA never owned one. Wonder about Parts support also.

I'm not sure if you have been on Ofna site, but it seems you can get about any and all parts from them. One thing is for sure, a Maxx or savage will have a ton more for sure.

Basically the big 3 are Traxxas, HPI and Ofna. All good choices. At the bottom are things like Acme Condor or Redcat.

I have owned an OFNA Monster Blazer and the Monster pirate they where both great vehicles back in the day, Ofna makes some good stuff.

OFNA makes some great rigs. The old ofna pirate was a cool looking machine. A little over complicated, but cool to look at.

Looking at the photo's of the OFNA, that's a sweet looking rig. Big bore shocks, fully steel geared trans, arms are thick and heavy... Probably hard pressed to find any aftermarket stuff for it though, like arms, axles, roll bar and whatnot. Honestly though, the two OFNA buggies I had, the only thing that held them back was finding parts for them. I have an old cheaper OFNA now sitting on a shelf that I never use... that MT would look nice sitting in it's spot.

Too bad they don't have a from the top photo. Would like to see how things lay out on it.

Anyone have any updated info on this rig?

Anyone have any updated info on this rig?
I dont know everything worht while on tower hobbies is sold out for months. Faskolor paint. Savage X Nitro Kit etc. they keep putting things off
onyx 225 charger etc. can't even paint a body. eveyrthing said late feb. then mid march now mid april nothing comming in.

Looks like I'm the only one that purchased this recently so i will give my thoughts. Thanks for having me on the site. Just getting back into RC cars and trucks and my learning curve is huge for right now.

Purchased the tuggy the week before christmas from Tower Hobbies. Fast shipping and was impressed with the buggy at unboxing. put it together to find there was no glow plug sent with the truck. no where on the site it said you had to purchase any but luckily i had a friend with a few. so, i broke the motor in. Everything was smooth. started first pull everything. turns decent, great power.

First issue: the screw coupling the drive shaft to the transmission fell out. no biggie, just use a traxxas part. fixed

second issue: the ball inside the tie rod end for the steering fell out. Ordered parts, now fixed.

third issue: again, screw for the transmission and drive shaft fell out. Decided to locktite this problem.

fourth issue: first gear set screw inside the transmission fell out along with the ball and spring. when doing so, clutch inside the bell burnt up cause it was stuck in high and i wanted to play. so thats one for me and one more on them.......

All in all, fit and finish was great, tires don't swell a lot, pulls hard, runs fast (about 45-50 mph)
guess i just didn't check every single bolt and nut like you supposed to , now i know.

just fixed transmission, and went from a 14 to a 18 tooth bell. going to see what happens. I'm not a racer, just like to play and have fun.

hope this helps out....

Something to consider as I was just researching the truck. There is a blue 1 for sale RTR in stock on tower hobbies website right now, however the other available color is discontinued and it's likely the blue one is next in line. I think they look great and after watching videos of them they look like a lot of fun too. but for the money I still think it's best to get something with more immediate parts support. On the other hand if you have a few old faithfuls laying around and you can jam with them while waiting for parts for your OFNA then you should have a lot of fun with it. Having never owned an OFNA of any kind though I can't offer much more than that.

Well, I do have a few. So I'm not out of play toys yet!!! Lol

Here's the new issue. Now I have no first gear. The ball, spring and set screw fell out of the transmission and I reinstalled it back but it will not drop back into first. Ordered a new clutch for the tranny to see if that helps.

What pisses me off is I found out Ofna is closed. Done. Out of business. So I have no warranty or technical support at all. Purchased this thru tower hobbie and been chewing their butts to find a solution. I've spent over $100 on a brand new truggy to keep it going over bad workmen ship of putting things together. I will never buy another Ofna vehical again. Worse purchase ever.

Well, I do have a few. So I'm not out of play toys yet!!! Lol

Here's the new issue. Now I have no first gear. The ball, spring and set screw fell out of the transmission and I reinstalled it back but it will not drop back into first. Ordered a new clutch for the tranny to see if that helps.

What pisses me off is I found out Ofna is closed. Done. Out of business. So I have no warranty or technical support at all. Purchased this thru tower hobbie and been chewing their butts to find a solution. I've spent over $100 on a brand new truggy to keep it going over bad workmen ship of putting things together. I will never buy another Ofna vehical again. Worse purchase ever.
Good to know they are out of business. Yea what a bad deal.

oh, trust me, they are out of business. Few places that sell their product are pissed. They didn't even know what was going on.

Got in touch with one place that helped me with my transmission issues. Truck is running great and is turning out to be a really good flyer. Great bottom end wheelie power. GPS'd at 42 mph. Need to upgrade the steering servo to something a little better. And the weight bias is a little more to the back. Doesn't corner well. All in all, powerful, suspension is strong, pretty quick machine.

oh, trust me, they are out of business. Few places that sell their product are pissed. They didn't even know what was going on.

Got in touch with one place that helped me with my transmission issues. Truck is running great and is turning out to be a really good flyer. Great bottom end wheelie power. GPS'd at 42 mph. Need to upgrade the steering servo to something a little better. And the weight bias is a little more to the back. Doesn't corner well. All in all, powerful, suspension is strong, pretty quick machine.
Glad you got your stuff fixed. bummer they are out of business.

Here's some good news for you:
image.png

Back