OFNA Hyper 7 or Ultra LX2??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfer907

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys I am new into RC and am looking at a RTR 1/8 buggy.
What should i get -- A hyper 7 or a ultra lx2? ?

Thanks

others under the 300 dollar range would also be good for me..

thanks

al

Welcome to very fun hobby !

If your looking for an rc i would look for one to first get used to and practice with thats fun instead of looking for a buggy that you can race right off the bat. Usually if your going to get a buggy for racing you do need to have good experience because with racing comes a lot of replacing. So if your looking forward to rc i suggest you get a buggy that will just be for fun for awhile, then later on when you more experienced get into the racing scene.

I personally have never owned a buggy so i do not know what direction to give insight on but i know the other very knowledgeable users will be able to guide you the right away.

thanks man!

I guess i wasn't very clear in that last post... my apologies. I dont actually want to race on track with other kids but just kind of peepee around with some friends (Who have rc's) and race them that way..

i dont need anything to go to a track and compete for times or anything..
but i do want something fast..

hyper 7 is similar to the ultra lx2?

Ahh alright well then you should be fine with just having some fun a the track and not having to take it so seriously.

From looking at videos and pictures of the 2 and specs I'm leaning on the ultra lx2's side.

Between the 2 i like how the Ultra has the aluminum shocks and stone guards witch is always a nice touch. and it has dual brakes. seems like an all around great buggy.

OFNA Hyper on the other hand seems to come with a starter box ? thats really neat if thats the same one your going to get. i really like that. it hs plastic shocks but does have dust guards. I've heard some good and bad things about them like binding up in the springs but i dont have experience with em.

http://www.ofna.com/hyperPBS.html
http://h1070768.hobbyshopnow.com/products/description.asp?prod=OFN34308

My pic would be the ultra LX2 but you should really choose what you personally like.

flip a coin lol i did that once and i actually liked the outcome.

Good luck

thanks - how fast do these things go? like stock?

When i was looking at the ultra LX2 i saw a video of it doing 50 witch is more than enough... dirt track racing you rarely will ever get up to 50 MPH. but if you like to go on high speed runs just back n forth it would be ok but other wise with turns youll have a hard time keeping the car on all fours that fast.

heres a video of the Ultra Lx2 [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM8xesfYr-o"]OnTrack - OFNA Ultra LX2 Ready to Run 1/8 Nitro Buggy - YouTube[/ame]

I couldnt find a top speed video of the OFNA but they both look like great buggys that have potential. I did how ever see a post in another forum from looking around google with someone saying its top speed out of the box was around 37 MPH but thats all you really need as far as speed goes.

Also heres a review video on the Ultra LX2
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c_Pz43dhIs&feature=related"]UnBox-New ULTRA XL2 RTR 1/8 Nitro Buggy - YouTube[/ame]

And of the OFNA Hyper 7 [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4wGqM_bh-4"]UnBox-Hyper 7TQ RTR with 2.4GHZ - YouTube[/ame]

I'm not sure how good these guys are at reviews because I've never seen their reviews but i will watch them after this post and see what they say about em.

IMO both are a great choice. for RTR i went with the LX2 awesome buggy but i through away the force .28 engine and threw in an Axial .28RR-2s now this buggy is ripping the tires right off. its friggin wicked. :)

I've had both, but both electric. Hyper 7 for bashing, LX2 for racing.

sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk

i need some help, I've just bort a lx2 and every time i rev the engine up it cuts out? anyone no y???

i bought an hyper 7 tq sport. put an lrp .28, put an clucth bell 16 teeth but can't turn fast like the racing cars what kind of servo can i put in it to make better turns and faster turns please help ([email protected])

what can i do to make better faster turns high torque servos or high speed servos have hyper7 with lrp .28 engine 16 clucth bell goes fast but need to turn fast what can i do

how do you do that
??

Set all your carb needles to flush settings and then try to restart your motor. this will return your settings to the way the motor was shipped when new. then when you get it started you can start to re-tune for speed.

---------- Post added at 8:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:36 AM ----------

what can i do to make better faster turns high torque servos or high speed servos have hyper7 with lrp .28 engine 16 clucth bell goes fast but need to turn fast what can i do

For stronger faster steering you need a high torque servo (preferably metal gear). Look for a servo with a fast 60 degree speed in the specs(the lower the number the faster it will move within a 60 degree movement from left to right) hope this helps.