OFNA Hyper .21 8 port - Opinions?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoGod

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Anyone have any opinions on these engines?

http://store.savagess.com/product_info.php?products_id=177

I have a guy wanting to trade it to me for my T4 roller. It would be going in an XRay XT8 Truggy. I have a Force 26 at the moment, and I'm not a huge fan of it....so is the Hyper series much better than the Force? I'm kind of a n00b when it comes to who makes good engines.

I don't think that would be a good mill for a truggy. I think a STS D28M would be a nice choice for 100 bucks. Or maybe a high end .21 engine like a JPX .21.

What's your budget BTW?

Its an ok engine, the carbs are pretty crappy, so to wake that engine up you can use an OS 20c carb. As far as for a truggy, I don't think that would be a very good choice.

i had one of these in my x1 truggy. not a good motor. lasted about 4 runs and it got to where i could not get it to hold a tune. it now is sitting in a bag in my shop. i wouldn't think of this motor being suited for a truggy. now the go tech 3 port .21 is a good budget motor i think i paid $130 for mine off a-main and i have ran it in my x1 cr buggy my revo and getting ready to drop it into my x1 crt. i need a truggy to play with seeing as how my x2 is strictly for racing as per my sponsor and wife.

Hmmm interesting. The guy has it in his LOSI 8ight-T right now. I figured it might be decent in a Truggy looking at it's stats of 2.7HP and such. Guess I'll pass on the trade and see what else I can come up with. The guy I bought the XRay from said he had an LRP .28 with @ half a gallon or so run through it that he would toss in for $50 more. Even said he would hold it for me for a few weeks while I sell off a few more items. Maybe I'll go with that one instead. I hear awesome things about them....and worst case I can swap the motor out of my buggy for it.

Not sure what my budget is for the moment, but I'm not going to get a top of the line motor, nor do a I want a turd. Something mediocre is really what I'm looking for. My driving skills on a track are quickly getting better.....but I need a motor I can handle ;-)

Looks like I may have a better deal on 2 OS .21VGs....we shall see!

that vg is a hoss of a motor. it is a stump pul,ler on the bottom end. and if you can get a jp-4 or something equal it will be a mad power house. nothing like a v-spec but it will hold it's own.

I just traded a Losi XXX-NT Adam Drake 1 for both OS .21 motors. 1 has 6 tanks on it....the other @ 3/4 of a gallon running rich for the guys wife (never got over 190 degrees). Now to find a bump box for them!