Ofna E2801 Force 28 Break In???????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srusinek

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I am completely stumped on this one. I just got an Ofna Dm 1 Spec with the above engine and for the life of me I cannot get it to fire. I have the carb set as per the instuctions which is only to make sure the hsn is around 3 1/2 turns out from closed. It will blurp on me but it will not start. I tested the glow plug and it's fine. The glow warmers are charged and ready to go. The carb is set a little bit past idle manually with the electronics off. I'm going to follow the break in procedures as per Ofna but I just can't get it started for the life of me. Also this is one of the tightest engines I've ever turned over in my life. Any suggesstions would be very well appreciated and thanks in advance, Steve.

preheat the engine with a hair dryer as hot as you can ...should help loosen up things and make starting easier.....i even used a propane torch to warm up my 3.3 a few times ..it would start right away

Ok I will try that later on today and see what happens. Thanks, Steve

Defective fuel tank?

I was unable to get the engine started so I noticed that the fuel tank does not keep it's prime or prime the carb. I took off the upper fuel line and while it was off, I plugged the stinger with my finger and pulled on the pull start and nothing came out of the upper fuel nipple. So I'm thinking my fuel tank is defective and what do you guys think? The tank is brand new and nothing looks out of the ordinary as well.

ya ..if no fuel is getting to the engine , it will never start ...blow air in it and try to find where its leaking .

good luck

Since its new I emailed ofna and I'll get an answer tomorrow. For spending 450 on a new car I should not have to mess with a tank. I just hope they send me out a new one and I'll have one as a spare if its repair worthy.

Just an update: Ofna got back to me via email and they would like me to pressure test the fuel tank to see if there's a breach somewhere. I will be doing this as soon as possible and will post an update.

I pressure tested the fuel tank on Monday and there seems to be no leaks in the tank. Last night I sealed the engine using green slime on the needles and rtv on the backplate and carb. Is there anything else I should be looking for? While I was taking the engine apart, I found no loctite on the head bolts and one was loose.

Empty the fuel tank and take it off the car. Attach a brand new piece of fuel tubing to the air inlet nipple. Put your finger over the fuel outlet nipple of the tank and hold the tank under water in a sink full of water.....blow into the fuel tubing and see if any bubbles come out....easiest way to tell. if not the Id repalce the pressue line that goes from the exhaust to the tank and if that still doesn't work then Id say there would almost have to be something wrong with the pipe.

Maybe there's a miscommunication from your description,but you said there is no fuel coming from the upper nipple. The fuel isn't supposed to come from the upper nipple.it's usually lower near the bottom or on the side of the tank. Are the lines hooked up backward?

My bad. The feed line is positioned upwards compared to other rigs that I own. It's not on top of the fuel tank but on the side of the tank. Before I took it apart I noticed that the line does get fuel but it does not stay in the tube. When I tested the tank, there were no air leaks found coming from the tank. I'll also take a look at the tuned pipe since its off of the car as we speak. If I run into anymore problems I'll post an update. Thanks for the suggestions, Steve.

Thanks a Million!

So I got around to looking into my Ofna DM 1 Spec today and I pulled the exhaust apart and this is what I found. This plug was inside my pipe but wedged between the header and the tuned pipe. Has anyone seen this before? What could this plug be from? Sorry for the small pic. Again thanks for the tip and the help in advance, Steve.

Last edited: