Official RCNT Bash -- Hampton Roads Style Round 2 (NEW THREAD)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can do like Russ Winn did last time and break in and break at the same time. In the long run it really saves time for you.

EP is right...break it in at the bash. If you're a better driver than me,(most everyone is) you shouldn't break too much............

I've been working on my fuel system lately. As soon as it's setup (probably tomorrow) I'll start heat cycling. Other than that I'm waiting on my center drive shafts which I'll get next week sometime. I'm a really really new driver myself. As long as I can make it I'll probably be taking it fairly easy. It's a hell of a lot of power to get used to plus I'm not sure how much of a beating my fuel system will be able to take... I'd clarify but pictures work better and unfortunately I don't have any of the fuel system setup.

Do we have a consolidated list with freq. yet

Sorry guys, but Ratzo & I will have to back out... After rushing to get our buggies done, & talking about it over the last couple of days, we came to the cobclusion that it's just going to be too much of a mad rush to make it there & back the next day... We both looked forward to meeting all of you, but this road trip will have to wait till next year when we can actually hang for the weekend... Sorry for the short notice, but we just couldn't justify driving
8-10 hrs, to bash for a few hours, and have to turn around and drive another 8-10 home.... Maybe next year we can plan for it a little earlier, & stay the 3 days...

Damn, that sux dude, cuz you're not the only ones. I don't think I'mma make it either. Too muc of a rush to get my truck finished and I think I'm either goin to W.V this weekend to visit family or up to Michigan for the same reason. Sorry guys, I was really lookin forward to it but I gotta back out too

The empty room offer is still open if you guys want to come down Friday night and crash at my place. I do know where you guys are coming from, 16+ hours of driving for 4 - 6 hours of fun. Wait what am I talking about, I was going to drive 16 hours to a pirate convention.

Yeah, there's no doubt in my mind that it would'nt have been a blast.. Ratzo has a christening on Sunday, & we would have no choice but to leave Saturday after bashing... That would be a helluva ride home.... lol Next year...

Sorry to see you guys bail. It happens though.

I myself just returned from an at sea period and have quite a bit of work to do on my buggies prior to bash day.

- Gotta finish rebuilding my shocks on my MBX-5.
- Gotta install and break in a new RB S-5, pipe and electronics in the MBX-5 I bought from Flyin'razorback
- Gotta finish the break in of the GS Storm I bought from Nitromaniac.
- Gotta organize my newly stocked spare parts locker (note GS parts are not as plentiful at my LHS as I had originally thought...guess the spare MBX parts will have to do...)
- Gotta...gotta....gotta...

At any rate, the hobby takes second place to real life. See you guys when we see you...hopefully in the spring.

Marc, I have been away and have not made up the list yet (as I promised I would). I will get it done and posted as soon as possible. As far as I can tell, we have enough synthetic runners to keep the air free for all to use....but I will verify that and post accordingly. All I can say is sometimes my job gets in the way...FLY NAVY...

For the record, don't loan shocks to Sky. He likes breaking other people's shocks as much as he likes breaking his own.

ok 2 things first of all the weather is going to be in the low 80 high 70s on that day and a buetiful sky...(well thats wehat it says on the news :p) so thats really awsome.

and secondly go ahead and add me to the certain list i put everything in stone today and ill be there! what time should i get there by?

Last edited:
I know how that goes.I just got into town and trying to figure out how I'm gonna get my cars back together i :shrug: n time.

EP, for the record, you volunteered your shocks...even after I tanked my own and MM's. If you want, I'll re-imburse you the cost of any damages to your shocks. I, myself, am concerned that I may not have Storm shocks available should I tank my newly acquired Storm's shocks during the bash. Debbie's didn't have any in stock, and I can't order any in time for this weekend.

Loser, the weather is looking pristine for this little shindig. I am really looking forward to it. I just got my two MBX-5s prepped and ready to run. Tomorrow I break in a brand spanking new RB S-5 and Jammin pipe on one of the MBXs. I have to complete the break in on one OS MAX .21 engine in the Storm (once I get my electronics into it and the wheels on.)

Marc, Get them most of the way together then bring what you have. We can help if necessary to get you up and running.

As for show time, we started between 0800 and 0830 for the last bash. That gave us two long days with a decent lunch break in the middle. Barring foul weather, I think that the start time should be the same. At least, I am certain that EP and I will get together around that time...the rest of you can join in at whatever time you feel is appropriate.

Did we start at 8? I almost for got we started that early last time. I think El Destructo started running just after 8:30 and had his first storm tanked before 9.

On another note, does anyone remember seeing any exterior electrical outlets at the track. Since buying an air compressor I must say I will not willingly work on my rc's without it. If there was not an electrical outlet does anyone going have like a 1k generator, if so please bring it if you have room?

Electrical outlets and air compressors? What the hell are you going to need an air compressor at the bash for? Cleaning? Yeah right, you never clean your crap...why start now?

As for the start time, 0800-0830 works for me if it works for you. I have two solid MBX-5s and a Storm (engine break-ins dependent on the new buggies)

I found it was less aggravating to fix broken rc stuff if you've pneumatically cleaned it first. I also found a cordless drill with screwdriver attachment also helps too.

Sorry guys, I will not be going to this bash.
Imbroken and I have talked it over, and decided that it was too much of a haul for a one day bash.
I was wanting to meet you guy's, but it didn't work out this time.
I will make the first bash of the season next year.
Sorry for going back on my word, but it might be for the best.
Have a great time.

No worries, Ratzo. IMBroken already posted as much. Sorry that the timing isn't better, as we would have loved to have you guys down. BUT family and major events like christenings are more important. We'll look for you guys in the Spring.

Here is the frequency break down. The only conflicts that exist are between ED and Joneser4U (should he be able to make it) AND between EP and ED (which they can deconflict as they did the last bash).

Freqs.jpg

Last edited:
? lol heres whats posted on page 4 of this thread

"ill be using the am channel 4 (27.145)"
but i also have the Am channel 27.255 wich is what ill more than likely be using :cheers:

Back