Official RCNT Bash -- Hampton Roads Style Round 2 (NEW THREAD)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyMaxx

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
[align=center]
3645EP_Buggy_Blast.jpg
[/align]

So you missed the South Bash in Florida; you missed Round 1 of the Hampton Roads Bash, and it doesn't look good for you to make it to the 2nd Annual ECB in Buffalo...then come on over to Hampton Roads for Round 2 of the Hampton Roads Bash.

That's right, ROUND 2. El Pirata, the Master of Disaster, and I have finished rebuilding our rides and are looking for something to do this Winter. What better than to re-destroy our rides at a quality bash. That should give us plenty to do. Not to mention that video editing and production would keep me busy for at least a month.

So when is this bash?

SEPTEMBER 25-26
Changed due to conflict with original dates of 18-19 September.

Where will it take place?

Hampton Super Track is the location we bashed at last time, and looks like the current front runner for this round.

Who will be there?

Certain:
El Destructo
El Pirata
Loser
Marc 0490
Russ Winn
SkyLineRacer
Skymaxx

Maybe:
Joneser4u (still hopeful)

Still not certain about attending? Check out this monster thread showing pictures and a couple of links to the 35 minute video I made.

THREAD with images throughout.

VIDEO THREAD with two different file sizes. Same video, but the larger file is of better quality.

Still not convinced? Hey, I tried. We are going to bash and have a blast. Come on out and join us.

Check this thread often for updates. If you are on the list and your status needs to be changed (maybe to certain, certain to maybe, or removed period), let me know.

--------------------------------
Update:
We may have to change dates due to a schedule conflict at the track. They have a race that weekend.

Update:
The dates above are the changed dates. We will be bashing the weekend of 25-26 September. In fact we may just bash two weekends in a row and see what we can squeeze in the 18-19 (just because we can.)

Update:
Two more maybes turned into damn near certains. That adds one more RCNT Staff member to the list of attendees. Looks like buggies will be flying and a couple of souped up MTs might make a showing (if Lessen gets his stuff together in time). Still plenty of room on this track for all kinds of RCs.

Update:
PMs were sent to everyone on the list above (maybes and certains alike). The PMs requested frequency and vehicle information. It also asked for any other miscellaneous needs. If you received the PM, get it back to me quickly so that we can build up the freq matrix and also line up spare parts if need be. We are inside of a month from the bash and things look promising.

Update:
I have received PMs back from almost everyone. Unfortunately it looks like Digital Liquid and the crew from the Carolinas are not going to be able to make it. College life and exams have gotten in the way. Oh, to be in college again. Well, hoist one for us when you complete the exams. At any rate, we are about a month out and there is still plenty of room. So come on out.

Update:
We've had a few cancellations due to time and distance conflicting with other more important family issues. So our list is darn close to final. If there are any participants that want to bring friends or know of others that might be interested in attending, feel free to bring them along. Or at least point them in the right direction.

Last edited:
Since there is a race that weekend, I am looking for feedback on which direction to move this bash. I am leaning towards the weekend after, but understand that others might think differently.

Right now it looks like the best weekend without any conflicts is 25-26 September. Any other suggestions?

Sky. Put me on the maybe list. I will try to make it.

Consider it done. Would love to have you down for this bash. Should be a good time. Are you going to get a U-Haul for all of the RCs? :D

Funny.....

I'll just bring the MGT, and the Kanai III.
Let me know of a sure date ASAP. I will have to kiss ass for at least a month.
3 weeks notice just doesn't leave room for enough ass kissing.

We'll call Sep 25-26 the solid date. Right now, no race conflicts and the players that are certains should be available. I know EP, ED, and I will be up for it. I am certain I can get Russ and SkyLineRacer in. Marc0490 will have to speak up for himself. The other maybes will also have to chime in.

I'm out!! DAMN!
If the date changes, LMK
Niece's Christening Sunday the 26th.

Tease!

Niece's Christening...kick ass bash...niece's christening....kick ass bash...decisions, decisions.
:D

I may be named as the Godfather. I don't think I can miss this one.
If I am, you'll have to kiss my ring at the next bash.
Don Ratzo!
Cue saydeech.

Anytime, anyplace, I'm there. I'm still thinking about what to do for act 3, but trust me, it will be epic.

That should be fine I will be bring a freind also-Marc

Last edited:
Marc, glad to have you and the friend. Bring as many as you'd like.

A Second Bash? That sounds pretty sweet. I will try to see if I can make it up for this one. The first one was awesome & I'm sure this one will be on the same level. I will see who I can bring with me. I can honestly say that it was a 3 hour ride for us, but it definitely was worth it.

As for now, put me down as a maybe. I need to see how my schedule is going to play out.

EP, you definitely have some work ahead of you to top that jump you did. I'm sure you will think of something. LOL

Later...

DL, would be sweet to have you guys up again. Glad you thought the last one was worth the trip. Hopefully, this one would prove to be, also.

Hey Guys,
Wow its been awhile since I've been on RCNT. I havent even raced my r/c's since the last bash lol. I'm in Texas right now for vacation... cool stuff, count me in for the bash, however, count my friend out. hes doing some very important work.

Talk to you all soon,
-SR

Nice to hear you are still alive. When next you speak to or hear from your friend, tell him thanks from one service member to another for being where he is and doing what he is doing.

If you will need a ride, let me know and you will be covered.

Hey Sky, This might sound nutty but I might try to make a day trip for Saturday the 25th.
I might find some sucker to take a ride with me (IMBroken).
What time do you intend on bashing??
How long of a trip is it from NYC (Staten Island)?
Or give me the addy to the site and I'll do mapquest.
If you want PM me your # and I'll call you. or vise versa. LMK
Any help would be nice.
Thanks

The information for the location is in the first post. Click the link for the track. As for how long a drive...you would have to be quite nutty as it is about a nine hour drive one way from Binghamton, NY to VA Beach. SO I imagine it to be about a ten to eleven hour drive from Staten Island to here.

Believe me, you guys would be most welcome...but I would be more concerned that you might be on the road for nearly 24 hours just to drive down and back.

Regardless, we start the bash around 0800 and go until we are all broken or too tired to bash anymore.

Look for a PM with my number, but do not call me until tomorrow. Am planning on hitting the sack early...long day.

How can NYC to Virgina be 9 hours if I can go from here to LA in 11? I am almost at the top of Cali and LA is well @ the bottom and Cali is as big as the whole East Coast? How many miles is it?

might be me but when I was back east looking to take a train from Hartfor Conn to Manasos VA it was going to be like a 5-6 hour train ride.

Well.... I'm about an hour from Ratzo.. Here's the stats from my house to the track...
Total Est. Time: 7 hours, 56 minutes / Total Est. Distance: 473.20 miles

Thats further than Buffalo... I'll have to talk with Ratzo a little more, but it could be a possibility... :)

Last edited:
Back