Novarossi Bonita glow plug issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blinks

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Good day all ,
newbie need some help on tuning this engine ..

1: what the best turbo plug to use or what tuning setting if plugs are the best plugs to use
on my 8th tank on break in and decided to take it to a car park to full throttle it . i am currently use OS p3 Silver plugs
Carb setting are Low needle is flush
high end is ( not to sure how to explain it ) made 2 turn in ( eg from 12 o clock to 2 o clock )

issue was i put in a new p3 plug and started to run in car park .. and by half tank the plug was dead .

checked temperature and was about 194 F 90 C
put in another p3 plug and it did the same thing
Checked temp again and about the same 192 F
i not sure what to do from here

i will attach some pics any help is appreciated

thanks in advance as well

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-09 at 12.03.28 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-09 at 12.02.38 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-09 at 12.02.37 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-09 at 12.07.58 PM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-08-09 at 12.07.39 PM.jpeg

Good day all ,
newbie need some help on tuning this engine ..

1: what the best turbo plug to use or what tuning setting if plugs are the best plugs to use
on my 8th tank on break in and decided to take it to a car park to full throttle it . i am currently use OS p3 Silver plugs
Carb setting are Low needle is flush
high end is ( not to sure how to explain it ) made 2 turn in ( eg from 12 o clock to 2 o clock )

issue was i put in a new p3 plug and started to run in car park .. and by half tank the plug was dead .

checked temperature and was about 194 F 90 C
put in another p3 plug and it did the same thing
Checked temp again and about the same 192 F
i not sure what to do from here

i will attach some pics any help is appreciated

thanks in advance as well

View attachment 169820View attachment 169821View attachment 169822View attachment 169823View attachment 169824

Normally that coil deformation would suggest you're running too hot & lean, but if you're staying under 200F that doesn't seem likely. That leaves detonation...

The low speed needle might benefit from being leaned out a little, and the high speed richened. What fuel are you running? You may also want to switch to a cooler glow plug after break-in, like a P4 or even P6

Normally that coil deformation would suggest you're running too hot & lean, but if you're staying under 200F that doesn't seem likely. That leaves detonation...

The low speed needle might benefit from being leaned out a little, and the high speed richened. What fuel are you running? You may also want to switch to a cooler glow plug after break-in, like a P4 or even P6
I'm running a vp 25% nitro 9% oil

In the Caribbean .. so i can only get P3
i would have to order online .. Can you direct me to the best brand to run in this engine

I'm running a vp 25% nitro 9% oil

In the Caribbean .. so i can only get P3
i would have to order online .. Can you direct me to the best brand to run in this engine

VP is a good brand, you might want a slightly lower nitro content for that engine, most turbo-plugged engines have relatively high compression designed to get the most power out of 16-20% nitro fuel.

Alternatively, if you have a larger head shim, swapping that in or adding one to the shim stack could help the engine run better with the higher nitro.

VP is a good brand, you might want a slightly lower nitro content for that engine, most turbo-plugged engines have relatively high compression designed to get the most power out of 16-20% nitro fuel.

Alternatively, if you have a larger head shim, swapping that in or adding one to the shim stack could help the engine run better with the higher nitro.
will try this and see ... tks