NOOB crawler AX24 owner

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bozo

What, me worry?
Supporter
Military Veteran
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Scale Builder
Watched Youtube, got the bug. Bad idea. (not)
Wanted to try a crawler, supposedly this is a good one.
Lots of support, oodles of cool hop ups but looks looks like this will be a bit of a $$$ project.
So far it's a blast but the cats hate it šŸÆ
Let the mods begin (empties wallet)
PXL_20240117_213410197.jpg

Welcome in @bozo , it can get expensive but to the mind and soul it's rewarding.
1/24s are very cool and fun to run. A box of shoes thrown out down the hall makes a great crawler course.:cool:

Welcome to the mini madness šŸ˜‰
Just my kinda place... got some good company tho :D
A box of shoes thrown out down the hall makes a great crawler course.:cool:
Put down a bunch of stuff down in the living room and ran three packs thru it. The wife is not pleased and the cats aren't quite as terrified.
Yikes! This thing is a real hoot! I can see the attraction.
Nice! Open your wallet. Lol. They're addicting.
Gonna do all the free stuff first, then see what needs improving next. Seems like there's a bunch of wildly varying info on the webs- some say flex, some say droop, some like it heavy, some light. Brushed, brushless, springs or no springs, etc.
All I did today was tighten the servo savers, loosened the wheel nuts a tad and put some rubber o rings on the steering links.
Any suggestions, tips or hints are greatly appreciated!
I'll do a build thread when I decide which way to go with this.

My 8 year old grand daughter comes over and we set up a course in the living room, she loves it.

Heres my kids, two of them have the Furitek system, one stock, and one has another system but I don't remember what it is.

IMG_1252.JPG

Last edited:
Watched Youtube, got the bug. Bad idea. (not)
Wanted to try a crawler, supposedly this is a good one.
Lots of support, oodles of cool hop ups but looks looks like this will be a bit of a $$$ project.
So far it's a blast but the cats hate it šŸÆ
Let the mods begin (empties wallet)
View attachment 179243

The AX24 is probably the most capable straight out of the box 1/24 crawler Axial makes. I really like mine.

I've been working on mine. At this point when I buy some brass axles I will be able to build the stock ax24. I've been documenting everything. Probably start posting the build tomorrow. This is my first 24th scale and I love it. I would definitely recommend the furitek motor/esc combo. Have fun.
20240111_121157.jpg

hey, you wanna give away the extra parts? šŸ¤£
I've been working on mine. At this point when I buy some brass axles I will be able to build the stock ax24. I've been documenting everything. Probably start posting the build tomorrow. This is my first 24th scale and I love it. I would definitely recommend the furitek motor/esc combo. Have fun.
View attachment 179294

Probably start posting the build tomorrow.
Great! Really nice rig, looking forward to the build log.
I would definitely recommend the furitek motor/esc combo.
Looks like the package they have for the AX does not include the gearbox. What combo did you use with the Furitek?

View attachment 179294
I have two Furitek systems, they indeed are killer.

Back