Nitro XRC engine swap

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup Yup. This is a very excellent kit. It's already amazing out of the box and any upgrades will just make it even better. This is one you won't regret. Now drive it already and enjoy.

I'm so happy to hear that you upgraded! I KNOW you'll be so much happier running the '8'!!! That is definitely a rig I would recommend sinking some money into when it's time! Congrats!!!:thumbs-up:

Yup Yup. This is a very excellent kit. It's already amazing out of the box and any upgrades will just make it even better. This is one you won't regret. Now drive it already and enjoy.
I got a
8IGHT-T Nitro RTR: 1/8 4WD Truggy it comes with a .28 dynamite engine and ready to run out of the box. I dont know what upgrades would benefit it.....its already awesome

If it's not the 4.0 version the 4.0 shock towers is a good start since it give you more mounting options for your shocks

If it's the 4.0 version then even better. Eventually once u get really good at tuning and it's time for a new motor moving up to a non pull racing motor would be the way to go.

And maybe eventually a more powerful steering servo and throttle/brake servo.

For now get acquainted with fine tuning the motor. Then you can concentrate fine tuning the suspension. Then you can mess around with gearing eventually

Last edited:
Tires, wheels, bodies, gears, oils, batteries, engine hop ups, suspension hop ups... I'm sure you'll find more too! It's all part of the fun! Like I said, when you're ready. For now, enjoy learning the kit! Have fun with it!!!:woohoo:

Truggies and buggies are usually tough as nails, buggies more so. A real blast if you have the right places to run them. I used to have a refinery I ran my 1/8th buggies at, was a riot.

Truggies and buggies are usually tough as nails, buggies more so. A real blast if you have the right places to run them. I used to have a refinery I ran my 1/8th buggies at, was a riot.
I haven't smashed it into anything to find out it's toughness yet....lol. I would like some tires that handle better on a short grass runway. It doesn't turn tight at faster speeds without rolling....but with the stock tires it has....it grips the asphalt like it's on a rail

So, you want tires with less grip for grass? The pro-line moabs were really good for that. I don't think they sell them anymore though. Try finding a tire that has tread that is more straight across the tire face. Like traxxas chevrons are. They tend to get good forward bite while letting the rig slide more in the turns. Not good for racing, but works well for bashing.

I wore out a couple sets of moabs on my buggy and my jato. I had 17mm hex conversion on my jato to run 1/8th buggy wheels/tires. The forward bite left a bit to be desired on the 2wd jato, but the 4wd buggy did well with them.

Something like this might work well in grass:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-RC-1-8...029585&hash=item280189e6af:g:87IAAOSwZd1Ve4RW