Nitro tc3 help and tips

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

I need help with my ntc3

• Motor help

• Handling and tires

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed! It's been crazy here lately! Glad you're on track! Thanks for the update!

So today I bought another ntc3 it looks fine I'm thinking hopefully it will start up.if the motor is no good I will transfer son parts to my current tc3,right I do have school so I don't have any time at all to work on my ntc3 ,but I will keep y'all up to date,i have my new piston,sleeve,conrod,i have a issue with my carb I'm currently working that out with team associated support.I'm doing fine btw

Nice! Yup, you're hooked on the associates thing! Even the older ones were killer! Good luck with it!

Nice! Yup, you're hooked on the associates thing! Even the older ones were killer! Good luck with it!
What should I do ,get a box_ start or pull start chase I can't find parts for this motor,i beleive it's a sirio.15 I want a pull start thought but I don't what will fit

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-09-22-21-19-45.png
    Screenshot_2016-09-22-21-19-45.png
    634.1 KB · Views: 148
I don't have any personal experience with a sirio engine. After a quick search it seems as tho it's a pretty old engine and I was unable to find parts. Being that a pull start is a very breakable component, I would say that if it is as old as it seems, you're gonna be looking hard for one. Before you consider the box, you may want to think about the cost of a new .15 engine vs the cost of a box and which style will serve your needs best. People like the box because it saves weight and they don't like the blisters that a pull start causes. Personally, unless you're racing, having to charge the bars for the box, lugging it around etc seems like more drama than its worth unless I was racing. In your case, it seems unlikely that you'll be hitting the track with these cars. They are older and not the cutting edge stuff that are typically found on a track. (not to say they can't compete, it's more about driving skill than the car. At least after you get tuned for the track and have reached a certain speed)
I would prob be looking for a new engine that is up to date with good parts availability. That is if I am correct about the parts avail of that engine. I am thinking about down the line with this as well, i.e. when you need bearings or a rod and piston/sleeve etc...
Just my thoughts.
;)

I don't have any personal experience with a sirio engine. After a quick search it seems as tho it's a pretty old engine and I was unable to find parts. Being that a pull start is a very breakable component, I would say that if it is as old as it seems, you're gonna be looking hard for one. Before you consider the box, you may want to think about the cost of a new .15 engine vs the cost of a box and which style will serve your needs best. People like the box because it saves weight and they don't like the blisters that a pull start causes. Personally, unless you're racing, having to charge the bars for the box, lugging it around etc seems like more drama than its worth unless I was racing. In your case, it seems unlikely that you'll be hitting the track with these cars. They are older and not the cutting edge stuff that are typically found on a track. (not to say they can't compete, it's more about driving skill than the car. At least after you get tuned for the track and have reached a certain speed)
I would prob be looking for a new engine that is up to date with good parts availability. That is if I am correct about the parts avail of that engine. I am thinking about down the line with this as well, i.e. when you need bearings or a rod and piston/sleeve etc...
Just my thoughts.
;)
Indeed you are right good advice,no way I am gonna even compete in racing either than noob class,one day i wi'll get stronger better motors and etc but right now not looking forward to racing ,I'd like to give this motor a shot though I think it has some potential and it seems much larger than my old ae.12 and it's a turbo engine the motor itself visually is clean also the piston head is in good shape,it is really hard to move the flywheel though but it will move in a complete revolution.-in my opinion nitro is just way too expensive to be racing with too much matinence-#low plugs going out every few runs ,i just like to have fun and that's what this hobby is all about

I would just buy a starter box ,most racers prefer one!
If you are running them out in front of your house like I do ,then its no problem
having on.
These days they are cheap on e-bay!..:cool:

That is true... Boxes should be avail used and reasonably priced.
As far as the motor being difficult to turn over, it sounds like the bearings in the case may be the problem... Assuming that the top end is free and clear of 'old fuel goo' anyways.
I would prob make a new post and ask the forum for help with info about the pull start. Someone here knows... I'll bet on that for sure!
At least that way you'll know what you've got, about its specs, know about parts sources and pricing etc...

I've taken apart a losi pull start and put The spring in my HPI pullstart, I had to bend the spring a little but it works nicely!

I've taken apart a losi pull start and put The spring in my HPI pullstart, I had to bend the spring a little but it works nicely!
So i dropped some acted in oil in and now its all loosend up I can turn the flu wheel more,i think it's just got good compression feels like a new motor

So i dropped some acted in oil in and now its all loosend up I can turn the flu wheel more,i think it's just got good compression feels like a new motor
Afterrun oil*

Attachments

• IMG_20160928_221055.jpg
    IMG_20160928_221055.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 151
Pull the plug out and see how it spins... You won't be fighting compression at all, just the motor itself at that point

I took one of my 12's apart ,the rods appear to be the same length .the ofna rod seems to be a tad more
beefier than the AE ,however there is a slight difference were the wrist pin is at on one side of the piston.
The hole on the AE pist is smaller,the ofna the wrist pin hole are the same size on both sides of the pist.

I'm not taking the rods off an taking a chance to hurt my 12!
I will show pics shortly ,I have to charge the cam battery...:cool:
You are more than welcome to just have the AE 15 pist/rod if you want it ,I can send it!..:D
Do you have a .15 sleeve and piston I can get from you