Nitro tc3 help and tips

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

I need help with my ntc3

• Motor help

• Handling and tires

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a guy at my local hobby shop said i have low compression it idles fine runs good what does he mean

Attachments

• 20160828_212807.jpg
    20160828_212807.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 247
  • 14724450831881562387412.jpg
    14724450831881562387412.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 465
a guy at my local hobby shop said i have low compression it idles fine runs good what does he mean

The car is out dated ,old ,only has a single speed trans. an he's trying to sale a new one to you!...:D

The car can be cleaned up & engine repaired or replaced & a 2spd tranny added!...:cool:

Last edited:
The car is out dated ,old ,only has a single speed trans. an he's trying to sale a new one to you!...:D

The car can be cleaned up & engine repaired or replaced & a 2spd tranny added!...:cool:

Do i just buy a new piston and cylinder .also its a AE.12

Do i just buy a new piston and cylinder .also its a AE.12

Sense its a small engine ,a new pist/sleeve doesn't cost that much! Some times you can find them on auction on E-bay.
However ,you have to determine if its bad ,also ,sometimes you can can find a new engine on auction cheap.

Your engine may still be good ,because theres other factors involved than can cause an engine to run bad!

I am pretty sure you can get away with putting a .15, .18 in the car as well... That's if you want to make it faster, and if you want to make it crazy, the .18. If you're happy with the .12, there is nothing wrong with just dropping another one in or repairing it too. They are supposed to sip fuel and run strong. (I have done a STUPID amount of reading about the ae rc10GT which ran the .12 and the .15 stock. Lots of ppl we very happy with them. I tend to believe what ppl say after reading it 30 Or 40 times! As far as I know, the 2 speed is a simple gear change... Would be a good time to strip and clean/inspect/upgrade all at the same time. I am ordering a pile of parts next week for mine to do the same. I love how the old AE nitro products run. I think your car is worth the effort. Post back about what you decide and how it goes. I'd love to see the progress! Good luck!!!

Getting back to your first ?....

A nitro engine ,if its wore out will start & run fine until the engine heats up ,then the performance will drop off ,in some
cases ,just die.Thats if the engine is wore out

Some times theres other issues that can cause that as well.Not tuned right ,air leak in the tank ,bad fuel lines.
carb & needles plugged up with gunk or perhaps a combination of everything.

The goal is to clean everything up first including the inside of the fuel tank an make sure you have an un restricted fuel
supply to the carb!:cool:

Sense its a small engine ,a new pist/sleeve doesn't cost that much! Some times you can find them on auction on E-bay.
However ,you have to determine if its bad ,also ,sometimes you can can find a new engine on auction cheap.

Your engine may still be good ,because theres other factors involved than can c
thanks
I am pretty sure you can get away with putting a .15, .18 in the car as well... That's if you want to make it faster, and if you want to make it crazy, the .18. If you're happy with the .12, there is nothing wrong with just dropping another one in or repairing it too. They are supposed to sip fuel and run strong. (I have done a STUPID amount of reading about the ae rc10GT which ran the .12 and the .15 stock. Lots of ppl we very happy with them. I tend to believe what ppl say after reading it 30 Or 40 times! As far as I know, the 2 speed is a simple gear change... Would be a good time to strip and clean/inspect/upgrade all at the same time. I am ordering a pile of parts next week for mine to do the same. I love how the old AE nitro products run. I think your car is worth the effort. Post back about what you decide and how it goes. I'd love to see the progress! Good luck!!!
man I'm gonna get a new piston and sleeve most likely

New piston and sleeve is a good way to go. Def make sure the rest of your motor is good before you buy. Bearings are clean, oiled and spinning smooth, crank isn't messed up at all, etc... You don't want to be buying parts and then find you need more, exceding the cost of a new motor... HOWEVER... This is a low dollar motor to rebuild just for the learning so you might want to build it just to understand how it all goes anyways... I think you should build it if it's just to learn no matter to cost (within reason of course). But just because I am doing it doesn't mean everyone wants to... It just seems that a lot of the nitro crowd seems to be hands on and enjoys that. So yeah, take pics, ask questions, post your results, post videos of it blowing the tires off the car when you're done!!! :thumbs-up: :D

Last edited:
I personally don't rebuild engines ,I buy or steal new engines for cheap on ebay auctions!

My latest snatch for $ 34.00 was this an it is still on my shelf!

SANY0001_11.jpg

I would tipicly buy a bigger engine an force fit in the chassy ,but ,your down fall is the single spd tranny which
your not going to prosper with a new bigger better engine!!

1/10 Ld3 with hyper 21 engine an 2 spd tranny ,Over kill an it gets side ways at half throttle ,an that's if
you can keep it straight from a take off,otherwise a Tasmania devil donut stage!

Ld3_wheels_001.jpg

Last edited:
okay i need to know what type of bearings for my motor should i buy, I'm gonna rebuild my motor and buy a two speed ,btw clean setup cbaker

I am not sure about brands or what sizes, nor am I sure if you have to heat the case to remove the bearing inside. I'm sure if you were to spend a few mins on the associated website looking thru the discontinued models manuals, you can find the info that you need. If you don't already have the manual, I strongly recommend You download it. It will Def help You out! You may also find the bearings on their site (as well as the piston and sleeve. Their parts tend to be on the inexpensive side anyways) I have not built a .12 motor so I don't have the direct info you're looking for. Maybe someone else knows who can chime in here???

I am not sure about brands or what sizes, nor am I sure if you have to heat the case to remove the bearing inside. I'm sure if you were to spend a few mins on the associated website looking thru the discontinued models manuals, you can find the info that you need. If you don't already have the manual, I strongly recommend You download it. It will Def help You out! You may also find the bearings on their site (as well as the piston and sleeve. Their parts tend to be on the inexpensive side anyways) I have not built a .12 motor so I don't have the direct info you're looking for. Maybe someone else knows who can chime in here???
Ok thanks

It appears that this bearing fits . there are a couple other places showing the same part : and is also avail on ae's website. http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...071&category=182211&pm=1&ds=0&t=1472651433039

Team Associated 29016 bearings.

Btw, there is also info about the 2 spd change over as well as a few other cool upgrades on the ae website in the "manuals" section. It appears it's a lil more involved than I said originally, but I bet you'll be blown away when you see you car shift for the first time and it SCREAMS by you!
It Def seems that the parts are cheaper on eBay and other sites... I recommend research for best pricing.
Ps... I would LOVE to see a vid of your car when you're done... I may have mentioned that once.:hehe:
Good luck!!!

Last edited:
Low compression means that the sleeve and piston have worn out, meaning that the fuel air mixture cannot be compressed enough to achieve the best performance.

Okay so i bought a new piston and sleeve and also a 2 speed ,but i need some cheap decent looking slick tires and rims not shipped from china