Nitro rustler fuel tank and cap

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prophet216

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was wondering what aftermarket fuel caps will fit the rustler 75cc tank. I'd like to get a nice shiny gold one. Also was wondering what larger tanks could be fit to the truck. I'll change tank if needed, but really just want a better sealing cap than the stock one. Thanks in advance

@Prophet216 not sure where you can get a new gas cap, but I believe you can fit a Traxxas T-Maxx 125cc fuel tank in the Traxxas Rustler.

I see fuel caps all over the place just wondering how different the fit would be. I wanted an aluminum 1 but the seal is what matters. The stock cap just has a spring loaded cap with a foam insert. No o ring or washer, the seal is all on spring pressure not on washer seal. Again if anyone has any input your knowledge is precious to me and thx

I'll mix my associated than and my traxxas tanks in the morning for you. At least that will give an idea as to if they are a generic size. They APPEAR to be, but that's just quick experience fueling up for friends rigs etc...

Yea they look like 2 basic mount angles. The ones on t maxx and rustler jato slayer are almost straight, revo looks more at a 45. I'm thinking a tmaxx cap may fit, but any input be greatly appreciated. I think a large part of what people experience when it comes to tuning the 2.5 r.e. is caused by the whole tank system. One the cap seal sucks, and by the time the truck has been running for 4 or 5 minutes you are beginning to get lean cuz the tank is half gone and the fuel isn't flowing as well. I bet with a better cap and a larger tank tuning the rustler would be way more consistent. That spot is elusive with a bad seal and mini tank

Sorry, I'm up to my eyeballs in a 1:1 project right now... I haven't had time to pull down the rigs, or even find the Mic at this point! Ugh... Freakin blue damned oval!!!
Anyways, you should loop the fuel line into a circle a×s soon as you can fit it next to the tank side. This helps to stabilize the feed, it works great in the rc10gt's way back in the day. It has helped a couple of tmaxx folks on here too. All you do is attache the line to the tank outlet (to engine) and then make a loop, about 1", maybe a lil bigger but not much, and tie wrap it to keep the loop together and then secure it so it's not flipping around all over the place. Best thing is, it's an almost free mod. If it doesn't work out for you no real loss!:thumbs-up:

Back