Nitro newb wanting to test the waters of electric

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyster

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well over 3 months age I bought two nitro off brands. As all of you know finding parts when something breaks involves long waits. Well my LHS has Traxxas primarily and the slash seems to be a very good buy for the price, performance, hop up modifications (awesome brushless) and the looks. But I was wondering, I have seen one of the RCN talk fellows here got a slash and it has already gone south for him. I know things like this happens in this kind of hobby but I was wondering, I want something to go fast and bash a bit but don't want the melt down. Is the Slash a good electric truck to start with?

Also I have had a friend of mine suggest the E-Revo but dang, after tax and what not your paying $500 as appose to $200+.

As with all traxxas electrics. The stock titan motor sucks. Thats really the only problems i have seen.

Accually, I suggest staying out of the water when handling electrics.. =P

I would also suggest the slash if that's something your into.. In my opinion the RC10B4 which isn't so much popular as the slash but can really hold it's grounds when it comes to modifications. I think it's a neat little buggy.

In my opinion the RC10B4 which isn't so much popular as the slash but can really hold it's grounds when it comes to modifications. I think it's a neat little buggy.

It would be cool but for some reason neither one of the LHS have those which sux IMO. :/

The new E Maxx 16.8V version is good electric basher, lots of power, good ground clearance, they show it going through water but I would recomend staying out of the water with any RC unless its a boat or you got it sealed up real good, water and elctronics of any kind don't get along very well...

I have a really nice RC10T4 race spec truck with about 10 minutes of run time on it. I can sell it as a RTR with stock electronics, or thrown in a badass 6900 kv brushless mamba motor.

i like the stampede better than the slash for bashing but the slash is better for racing but thats just my opinion

Back